Understand the un-understandable ... Interview about the IS

We all heard and saw about the IS and the terror they spread, especially the last days in France. Many of us ask themself why people do such terrible acts, which seem just irrational and incomprehendable. To understand what’s going on in the heads of the people it’s not only important to have a look on their actions, but also on their minds. So here I have an interview of a reporter with a IS warrior from December 2015. It’s german, but it has subtitles. Watch it with a critical eye and keep in mind that the opinion and belief of the IS is only that of a very slight percentage of all the muslims in the world. … I know that this is hard stuff for many people, and the reporter also asked himself after making the interview if he realy should release it, but we both have the same opinion: To defeat your oponents, you have to know them! …

So here is a link to the page of the reporter with his interview …

http://juergentodenhoefer.de/islamischer-staat-das-interview/

3 Likes

Only 3 minutes in so far and all I can say is wow that’s a lot of honking of car horns! :weary:

1 Like

That’s no noise, it’s eastern and mediterranian driving culture! :stuck_out_tongue:

What shocks me is how strong ISIS is. If they wanted to, they could start WW3.

I’ll stick with my US Midwestern driving culture where we only honk at deer in the road who look at us like this: :doug:

It’s a poor thing, that you discuss here the honking. This is for real a serious topic… And by the way, the ww3 is about to come, if you follow news. Even Annonymous declared war to them already. They want to start the biggest cyber attack on them, the world has ever seen…

I saw anonymous on the news here in Norway today. But what exactly does “biggest cyber attack the world has ever seen” mean?
Reporting ISIS member’s twitter accounts?

No WW3 will come of this. There are no major powers openly supporting these daesh, and those that are secretly supporting them have nothing to gain by officially siding with them. They may be dangerous, but powerful is not how I would describe them.

2 Likes

I take it back. They probably couldn’t have started a world war. But it’s estimated that there are as many as 80,000 members. Imagine how much damage they can do. They could easily invade a small country. They have $ aswell.

Well, how is the definition of a world war. At least a huge amount a parties and countries declared participation now. In which way ever, they want to fight the ISIS, either in their own coutries or in their (ISIS) territory. Define it world war or not, nearly the whole world will participate now.

Edit: well annonymous will make fun of themself if they now not create something really big. Because they already managed to work out a few big deals.

World war:
A world war is a war involving many or most of the world’s most powerful
and populous countries. World wars span multiple countries on multiple
continents, with battles fought in multiple theatres.

It’s disappointing how much discrimination muslims face; I’m sure that doesn’t help the situation at all. However, it’s also terrifying that he also touts “you must pay for protection if you are not muslim, or you will be killed or expelled”

Not sure how the situation is in other countries but what I see in the nordic countries is that a lot of people are very racist to refugees. A lot of these people have been trough hell and when they finally manages escape they are seen as terrorists by many.

ISIS aligns themselves with the Muslim faith, but they may as well be aligned with redheads or left-handed people for all that matters. ISIS is co-opting religion to spread their ideology of hatred, nothing more. Muslims should no more be associated with the ISIS brand of hatred than redheads or left-handed people. Giving the threat of ISIS a name like “Radical Islam” is like calling Hitler’s Nazi state “Radical Protestantism.” It’s a campaign of misdirection and confusion designed to engender hatred for a whole people group. Disgusting. I’m not a violent person and I’m generally opposed to war and killing, but even I think the ISIS group - as a whole - should be exterminated; revoke their oxygen card, no more oxygen for you. I also think international action (with US aide, not leadership) should be swift and decisive, so as to stem this from happening over and over again.

The United States is similarly divided when it comes to offering aide to refugees; the thinking is that if we open our borders to Syrian refugees, we will be allowing untold numbers of terrorists in and allow them to attach from within. I understand that all nations have the responsibility to be as careful as possible in situations like this. However, you cannot turn your backs on tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands or millions of people displaced by hatred and violence. It was only a stroke of luck that I was born where I was, with the nationality I profess. What makes these people less deserving of safety, food and shelter than me and my family? If we have it to give - and the United States definitely has a surplus of EVERYTHING, at least enough for hundreds of thousands of refugees indefinitely (don’t be fooled) - we should definitely do so. What’s the saying (paraphrasing) “When more people show up, you build a bigger table…” or something like that?

1 Like

It looks like he keeps wiping his runny nose and rubbing it in his beard…gross.

Not an isis interview, but an interesting read: http://waitbutwhy.com/2014/09/muhammad-isis-iraqs-full-story.html

3 Likes

Thanks for posting this! This was an amazing history and description of the complexities in-region.

1 Like

ISIS are simply following the Quran wich says that all people who dont convert to islam should be killed.
But most muslims dont take the Quran literally, like most christians dont take the bible literally.

I think that is just an excuse to brutalize, conquer, use women and children (WTF! really?) as they see fit and generally spread hatred. ISIS are Sunni Muslims - a much less conservative sect than Shias. For example, originally Sunnis believed their caliphs should be selected by a committee of elite Muslim leaders and not appointed as imams by God (as Shias believed). As such, I would think that Sunnis would have a tendency to not follow the Qu’ran to-the-letter, especially when it calls for this type of radical, violent action. But ISIS is brutal. (?)

The article above shared by @Apocalyptica is excellent (if a little long). I recommend everyone read this (and all the linked articles) from start-to-finish as it gives an excellent understanding (simply written) for not only Islam itself but the turmoil that has plagued that religion and region for thousands of years.

Seriously, if you want to really learn the ins and outs of Islam read it.

1 Like

It is definitely an excuse, and a bad one. But it’s not a coincidence that they use Islam as an excuse, even tough it’s a horrible excuse it’s probably the best one they could find. Because socially its wrong to talk down on people for what they believe (even if they believe in killing people just because they won’t convert?). Saying your opinion about a religion (if your opinion is negative) you’re being considered a racist.

Why did you change your post completely? I can’t even unlike it anymore if I would want to >_>