2019 Halloween Event

We should try to have some new events for each holiday or something (but somehow being back resources so people can make previous items), so here is my submission for the 2019 October event based roughly on this post:

I would adjust it this way:

People are sent to Boundless Hades via portals that pop up across the worlds at random times (I still feel a community contest or submission should exist on some level) where people will fight waves of monsters in some fun way beyond just a sling. It should be spooky and eery like I tried to roughly communicate above. It should be more fun and instead of HARD.

The event should be able to be done solo as well as in groups. The reward can be spooky seeds or some new item (as long as you give us a way to get spooky seeds again).

This is the rough idea. I leave it to the Dev team to make it feel more Boundless and look much better than this simple idea…

7 Likes

I’d like to see some of the timed events becoming more frequent too. The underlying system is all there, in terms of exclusive event driven items. I personally wouldn’t want the events system to be limited to real life holidays (which I do still enjoy), but rather as a way to reveal and expand more back story to the game and be specific to boundless. Im keen on the idea of community driven triggers for events, such as increased drop rates for 72hrs when a planet reaches x prestige milestone. Or highly aggro mobs that drop more loot if a high number of them get killed in a certain timeframe. We could have a founders day for the anniversary of a planets inception. You could have a birthday buff, that’s gives you increased drop rate and xp - I just feel there so many ways to automate some of the events or make them specific to an individual, guild or planet.

How do you see event exclusive items playing out if we bring back some old events? Say we rehashed the Halloween event with the spooky seeds, would we get a variation of the Halloween mask or the same loot again, or new loot? I’m not sure creating new assets would be sustainable to rerun certain events, but then how do people feel about exclusive items becoming available again? It would be pretty nifty to be able to have a chance to collect some of the same exclusive items but with different color tints.

To maybe expand on you idea, I really really want a void that has portals that randomly pop up, you basically do tiered rounds from T3 - T7 cuttles which progressively drop more loot and get a higher chance to drop exclusive items.

5 Likes

I feel the whole point of a holiday event is for it to happen on the holiday. I am all for more events, even if they are themed loosely on a holiday one, and new rewards for the events, but the holiday things that happen on holidays should remain on the holiday they are for.

2 Likes

Well the event happen once per year yes. But there have been complaints that people could not play or that we are only giving the benefit of event to those that are “very active” players over “somewhat active or casual.” There is no reason the frequency couldn’t be reconsidered and balanced a bit for a larger audience.

One way to solve that is to provide a second occurring event schedule. This can be minimal in nature but give people a second chance at getting the items they might have missed the first time.

If we say, “well wait for next year” that might not solve the problem for those people that might not have been able to make it for real world reasons. There is not a major guarantee that they will be able to easily make the next event. Plus with events like the Valentine one it was very heavy on “people” as are some of the others. So those that play at different times of the day when things aren’t active get hurt more than the active players.

The idea was to use Exo planets as a way to cycle through some of the events so that at least we could have them again at some point without waiting until they are on the public server. There was no requirement that the event be exactly the same. Maybe you got the items but not the cubit purchased stuff.

Also even if we still keep the holiday events on the holiday, are we to throw away the past holiday event? Maybe some one liked that or the Dev’s didn’t have time to create a new one. Having a separate schedule or way to have new and old events together just provides options to people and more content.

I’m not trying to prove out the need of the event again, I just saw the complaints and feel there is a lot of validity and really nothing is hurt too much by trying to solve the requests especially for those that can’t play all the time or gather enough of the materials to enjoy it (especially since some recipes were costly).

Either way the post was more about a new Halloween event than returning past events.

2 Likes

Warning: Unpopular Controversial Hyperbolic Opinion Time.

If the complaint boils down to „I was not able to get it but other people were able to, so there must be something wrong with the game“ I am at the point where I disregard those types of complaints

As far as I am concerned they don’t need a 2nd chance at Event only items that are designed to make a holiday special, otherwise the point of having a holiday special item is devalued both in the sentimental department and in what impact that item might have in an a econ that is lacking rare items.

If there is indeed a moderate problem with people not being able to show up to the events then maybe the event could last a week longer, but I am against having event items being reused outside of the holiday at this time with the type of objections i see.

Sure thing, as long as it haves 100% new rewards. without the reuse of existing ones that are designed to be on the holiday only events.

The bottom line from is, I feel this game needs hard to get items, in terms of them only being around very very rarely, or something that is extremely hard to get. and in a game that is trying to be an MMO with a Econ, people will have to accept the cold hard fact that not everybody will be able to get everything by their self.

If everybody haves the mind set of „I want it now, I don’t care how“ Then I say the devs need to rip stopstands out of the game and remove the Econ and then give players what they want.

2 Likes

::slow clap:: Exactly this! Rarity is important. This sets items apart from others. Thank you!

Please someone insert a slow clap gif for me I haven’t figure out how to post a gif :sob:

2 Likes

LTM-Limited time modes, isn’t that what them kids in fortnite have? :older_man:
But it works…I’ve seen it first hand over and over. They’ve GOT to play the new mode or buy the new skin or whatever. It attracts new players and old ones. The fact that they have the chance to never happen again, just adds to the appeal. And in some cases they get recycled or even become ‘permanent’ for a time. Using the Exoworlds as a base for “LTM” is a sound idea, imo, being as they are not permanent in and of themselves. Certain events that have happened in the game already would work perfectly like the christmas, halloween, and gleambow events. The lovestruck event would have to be more of a…Double XP weekend kind of thing to cite another popular game cough COD cough. I think, that with new events, such as a potential halloween 2019 event, they could use the exo planets to “bring back” the older event(s), rather than using the exos to host this 2019 event. Thus allowing the “special” items to still remain special, and adding to the appeal of an ever expanding universe.

I agree that holiday events should only happen during given holiday time - the only thing is the event time could be stretched a bit (start a few days earlier than usual and end a few days later, so it includes a bit more working days before and after actual holiday time).

2 Likes

I think its a great idea… ofc I would though because portals to an instance-like area sounds very much like what I’ve been saying for nearly a year now…

Swords, Lances, and Pantses!

1 Like

Just for you lol

3 Likes

you already have them

Maybe he meant…swords, lances and pasties! Perhaps???

Hang on- pasties is a whole different thing than pastries. :smirk:

2 Likes

I really like this idea! I think it would be really cool to follow the same style and make an activity where all types of players can go, enjoy and fully participate.

Oh no, not the “f” word :eyes:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This is how it works on ffxiv. Not saying it should mirror it, maybe a similar but smaller schedule?

1 Like

I have edited the main topic so people can have an easier time at staying focused on the right area if they wish to comment. This thread is about an event idea and unfortunately not the event schedule or if the same ones show again somewhere. Thank you for those that did focus on ideas around it if they even liked it.

As stated in other thread, I think hell sanctum would be a bad idea as people would try to be bad to get sent there.

How about toilet paper bombs? Throw them at people’s houses along with eggs and they apply textures that last until the event is over.

3 Likes

Well… I have to live through my mother-in-law’s “Christmas in July” Hallmark marathons when it is not Christmas… So why not? lol.

Actually, I take it back. I think perhaps events that you can maybe get an “event currency” to purchase special holiday items? Possible drops in meteor chests during the non-holiday event?

Or you are not actually sent there based on “being bad?” Instead, that is just a cover story :slight_smile:.