3000 Growth from t5/orbs

nope, simply following the tool-tips to the letter.

contrary to what will said above me, i see no reason for it to affect shrooms :man_shrugging::mushroom:

i’ll be super cheeky and come up with an annoying comparison - please do not take it to heart.
Should we test extensively whether shovel mastery affects drop rate?

Will wrote not to affect, and I agree with him. In EA luck did affect every drop, why sudden change? I’d say there were no change recorded in patch notes too… but as we know patch notes are not the most reliable source of truth :wink:

4 Likes

I’m happy to be wrong on this… my gatherer has 8\8 luck + gathering anyway for creature drops and shroom picking anyway…

I think @Hazir was referring to the skill tooltip as below (for those who can’t check the tooltip)

“[LUCK]… Increases the chance of rarer Drops from Blocks and Creatures…”

vs

“[GATHERING EPIC] Increases Drop chance from Plants, Boulders and Fungus…”

Mushrooms are indeed high in protein and suspiciously lack chlorophyll, but we will need extensive testing to confirm whether they are fauna or flora… :wink:

4 Likes

Well, I took blocks to include surface resources, but i guess maybe not :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Luck also increases this:

And what really does it devs only know.

Also,noteworthy

And response to that

Now tell me… what does what :joy: IMHO UI is a mess that’s often misleading, and without proper testing we can just guess what does really do what. And so far none of devs helped in that matter…

@Steggs101 @james anyone? How does luck work exactly, and how does gathering epic work when it comes to drop rates, chances, and what resources work with what skill?

3 Likes

Yeah its been confusing for awhile now. Put this to rest once and for all (and update the tooltip to remove all doubt!)

1 Like

Ok, i went to shedu tier for an orb session.
Max shovel skills and luck.
Used 2 str brews+ diamond cross effect shovel cost a total of 17k.

I got within 25 minutes=
1.7k silty soil
142 waxy worms
2.5k growth
145 shimmering orbs

Seems good to me for 25mins.

3 Likes

I’ll have to go explore shedu tier for growth, I normally just hunt mushrooms and usually get 50 in about half an hour.

1 Like

Ive gotten shimmering orbs from tier 2 planet growth.

The last update to the atlas has helped me find shimmering orbs immensely. This is what I do.

On Beseverona

1. Pop a glowing lamella in my atlas
  2. Run to each bright spot and usually find 1-2 orbs
  3. Keep running so the creatures don’t kill me

Having points in run speed helps alot and I can usually find 36 or s for a mass craft in about a half an hour.

1 Like

Is this the part I suggest you get world regeneration bombs and an aoe shovel to harvest growth when you find a large patch.
This way you get 300+ish shimmering orbs an hour. (with luck and harvest epic)

Harvesting glowing shrooms is a good way also if you dont want or cant use aoe tools. But they are gathered alot by people. So depending on timing you can get 120-150 an hour with decent timing. (Not sure if world regen works on them)

1 Like

Yeah I gave up on shrooms, i’m the unlucky guy that is behind those that already picked them :stuck_out_tongue:

Does it work that way? Can you regenerate Growth directly like that?

Also, do the regeneration bombs work for surface resources?

Honestly the best amount of orbs per possible farm rate with an aoe shovel can be found on delta cancert. It’s less hostile than the other growth planets and isn’t as bad on your tools as the higher tier worlds. There’s a guy who farms growth on delta that sell orbs by the stack. Says he can clear way more growth and get more orbs than on t5 of t6 planets.

1 Like

I got my orbs on delta concrete 54 orbs and bout 1700 growth my feeling was like every 15 one orb.
Iron showel not forget

1 Like

You can regenerate any blocks with the bomb, doesn’t work on surface resources

2 Likes

and now go test it with iron shovel without boon and without brew i think here is many ppls who farm 1000000++ gems before bomb nerf and others nerf and have 1000000000 coins and can use only gems forged tools weapons.test it as normal new player who minig titanium on t5 with iron a need shimmerings and havent 800c/1
new ppls can sellonly basic resource but nobody buy it and when anyone buy it pay 1c/1 or very crazy price for iron bar cooper bar but 8c/1iron bar is hahahahah,and now when i need progress i must weeks farm basic then weeks search buyer and after this can buy very few better items its easy selling for 1-8coin/each and buy per 800-2000/each(gems,orbs,etc)

1 Like

I figured Growth might work like Ore where it doesn’t regenerate with regen bombs–only the Rock.

So your grammer was hard to follow, but I will do my best to respond…

No one farmed 1,000,000 gems prenerf. Not even close. A number of people grinding hard may have crossed 10k or so gems if they really hit it hard. I didn’t get that much myself

No one has 1,000,000,000 coins. Just, no. Not even close. Simoyd’s huge portal seekers foot traffic fund is about 12,000,000 which is a huge chunk of change but is a far cry from 1 billion coins… some crazy folks might be approaching 100 million, but even that is still only 1/10th…

All of that to say: A player run economy benefits everyone. Just play smart. Big supply means competition for the privilege of selling to YOU! People will sell lower than normal and sometimes even lose out overall to help you out if you’re new, and the fact that you can go to a shop and buy all your iron, tech fragments, etc from shops easily now is hugely convenient. We had to self farm everything and it was hard!

If you feel like you’re way behind others, well, you might be. But its attainable, and even easier for you than it was for us

2 Likes