31 days

Every interaction I’ve had with @Leahlemoncakes has been great. So I’ll continue to think that she is a great person who works hard at her job. What more can we ask for?

5 Likes

TOTALLY agreed, Leah is awesome!! :+1: It is because of her that I continued to do my best to try to promote Boundless on Twitter. :slight_smile: I’m just assuming now though that she’s busy with her new responsibilities and so the community stuff here is back on James, or almost entirely so.

4 Likes

In 2 more days can I use this:

1 Like

I have too and most of those games have been sold off, abandoned or are just there with no updates. I can name some if you like.

Just because there are other teams out there that do a worse job than the team does here with their communication doesn’t make it right. The lack of communication here with this team causes SO much more drama and it just creates an uneasy feeling of abandonment and that just leads to an exodus of players.

Those of us in this thread have seen so many people just leave and so many builds just go to ash and I don’t even care if James communicates for my benefit, but I sure hell will speak up when the community is suffering due to a lack of communication.

1 Like

Which is why I have always been an advocate for them to hire a community manager who’s job is just community related aspects. no coding. no art. no design, just community and support.

2 Likes

I agree here and that is on this team to either hire one to do that or take on the responsibility themselves.

I will say that this team (as far as I am aware) has always been pretty small or it is in its current iteration. If that is the case, members of small teams tend to take on multiple roles and right now you can see which devs are active on the forums or have at least logged in. Any one of these devs could say something if they have the knowledge of what is going on (which they may not have).

Needless to say, a community manager should have been hired long before this, I would be willing to even say over a year ago might have been nice.

EDIT: Anyways been on the game pretty much all week and enjoying it as I always do. Granted I have gone through about 20 chisels.

1 Like

@james your announcement was like telling everyone they were getting just what they wanted for Christmas from Santa, then on Christmas day when nothing appears telling them Santa doesn’t exist. Or perhaps a better example would be getting someone a present, then telling them its locked in that safe and one day you will give them the key.

1 Like

This was my opinion roughly 4 years ago… The miracle now is that the climate in here has shifted enough that you can actually say it without getting flagged into oblivion.

A $100k worker doing a $30k job is always bad business, in gaming or otherwise.

2 Likes

I have done some community manager work in the past and had offered my services to James for free.

I have done tons of website and graphic design work and again offered my services for free.

Not a single message back.

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I am not sure what you mean by this statement, but most things that are considered good for consumers, and even more so for the working class, tends to be bad for business.

Same and same. No messages. It’s almost like @james is actively against any form of meaningful communication lol.

1 Like

My guess is that James is one person with everything on his head until the old dev team is back, so impossible to keep track of all things. You answer to one, you get thousand more questions, mentions, e-mails and support requests. Probably better not to react and create never ending conversations that he wouldn’t be able to keep up with, and only post something when there is anything new to share.

We know that:

1. The game has been in maintenance mode.
  2. There is some news coming.

Quite clear situation, really. Yet many go around in circles with the same complaints. Doesn’t matter how valid these complaints are. There is not enough man power, clearly, to engage fully with the community. Better have things on pause until the team is re-assembled to a degree allowing community management, basic support and game development.

5 Likes

I hear you but it takes 2 minutes to simply make a statement like the one I got flagged for and it would appease the masses for another week or two.

If I had everything on my head until the old team was back that is what I’d state. Then people would understand more. We know 2 things… be easy to give a little more information than that.

This news better be pretty big news, or the next exodus of players will leave.

EDIT: I’m really jealous of your total unwavering positivity @boundmore, but its more than obvious the previous course of action sucked. I’ll remain hopeful some lessons were learned.

3 Likes

But the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results!

I also offered my services for free to model 3D props and such.

My assumption was that it wouldn’t have been entirely legal for him to accept and that it would’ve created a problematic dynamic with us if (essentially) people making official content for the game were also clients, in case what they did wasn’t perfect.
Like how the skins Georgegroeg made were great but not quite enough to be sold to players for cubits, and they needed a bit more polish and clean-up.

2 Likes

I think the lack of responses to offers of help like that, the complete cessation of any interest in players’ activities here compared to what we saw before, bothers me way more than the lack of news. I can understand there could be some reasons to go quiet on the news front, but as a more emotional/feeling type of person, it is the silence on that front that pings my spidey sense here more and worries me. It wouldn’t take too long to drop in and give a few lines of thanks in reply to messages, to throw a few compliments and comments on players’ builds and projects here. That used to be done all the time, they showed so much love for and interest in their game, and THAT totally stopping is the part of the communication drop that eats at me and is keeping my tone here like it is… against my own desires, I want to have hope here, hope and excitement are great feelings!

5 Likes

it’s not even optimism - just seeing different angles and being realistic, or not reading available information in a negative way for no reason;

it’s like with that complement about hair (‘I like your new haircut’) - you either see it as good (and say ‘thank you’) or bad (and get offended: ‘you mean the old haircut was bad?’)

if received data can be read in two opposite ways, you don’t have to be a naive optimist and only see the positive interpretation; it’s enough not to decide for the negative one as the only one (and then allow it to spin out of control)
repeating negative ideas picks up faster than good ones, it seems, but it’s not negativity that is the problem, but the speculative nature of it here - and what is only speculation often becomes true for many if repeated often enough

and we don’t want misinformation, do we?

so, let’s keep calm, let’s stop and see :sunglasses:

1 Like

I mean that your CEO should be managing other managers and determining goals for your company and not cleaning toilets.

Or dealing with community posts, as another example.

1 Like

At this point, more people with more experience have offered to work on every aspect of the game, from coding to server upkeep to PR, than have probably been paid to do it in the first place.

If you all got together and made your own, similar game, you’d probably be more successful than Boundless and be getting paid for the privilege rather than the other way around.

1 Like