A Couple of Questions

When I put down a campfire for the first time, it takes up 2 plots instead of one. Why is that?

Mobs seem to be able to kill me even when I’m inside a house with all the doors closed. This feels like a bug.

1. That’s just the way campfires work :wink: edit: because they claim a plot above the one they are in
  2. Could you elaborate? Which creatures, and send a picture of where they can kill you?
  1. It doesn’t always happen. Sometimes campfires one only 1 plot and sometimes they use two.

2. I don’t have a picture, I deleted that character.

3. Why won’t my new campfire show up on the locations tab?

4. How do I delete my landing site? I delete it from the list but it still shows up on the compass.

Also, sometimes when I’m digging, I fall through the world and reappear on the surface.

Are you sure? Because it definitely should always take 2 plots no matter what. Afaik, you can’t even place a campfire if you only have one free plot.

Try opening the warp in sanctum to that location. Don’t bother going through, just see if it removes it. If not, try going through the warp.

I’m not sure on that one. Are you definitely checking in the location tab of the character that made the campfire? And does that character already have beacons and a home set?

Ok…

Yeah, that’s a known bug

Yes, I’ve tested it. It sometimes only uses 1 plot. Also, when I destroy the campfire before making the first beacon, it won’t count the beacon I make in the crafting table for the beginning quests.

I’ll try that thing with the warp beacon. Yes, very sure the new campsite isn’t showing up in my locations tab.

Might have to just start over again. Lots of restarts in this game. But still, it’s pretty awesome, can’t wait to see it finished.

the beacon thing depends on the elevation.
if the ground you’re standing on is the bottom of the plot, it will claim the plot you’re standing in and the one below, or if the plot border is just above or just below it will claim both plots.
but if you place a beacon control where it’s in the middle of the plot vertically then it will only claim the one plot.

@Obrajo also when you place your first campfire it also makes that your “home”. you’ll have to place another beacon control and (in its UI) set it to your home beacon.
you should now be able to delete your old campfire or “home”
(the “home” is the icon you’re seeing on the compass, yellowish orange)

[edit] changed chunks to plots. I meant to say plots. my brain was thinking in minecraft terms XD

1 Like

oh, also it sounds like you’re skipping out on the rest of the tutorial.
as far as I know, this causes a bug where it keeps telling you to make a campfire.
best thing to do is just follow the tutorial and complete it step by step.

When we talked about the mesh limit problem I am pretty sure it was confirmed that chunks extend all the way up and down to max range.

If I remember right this was done by the developers for a specific reason.

I think it was because they wanted to make sure the first few things you place down are protected by the camp fire. The reason for this is you can place the camp fire down at the top last row of a plot but then when you place other items down they would technically be in the plot above - hence not plotted. So a 2 plot system covers this at least in the start and gives you the time to work through the tutorial where you learn how plots actually work.

1 Like

I meant to say plots. my bad.

2 Likes