A different approach to beacon plot limits?

Having a sizable farm is space expensive though and n no way comparable to having a big house.

I really like the beacon size idea though it allows people to create somewhat larger buildings without destroying the beacon economy.

I think the devs should consider a method similar to Towny for MC but with an easier system. Even being new to MC I was easily able to manage a very large town with open spaces, roads, and 70-100 dynamically sized plots for my citizens and twin related builds. So like someone said earlier, maybe guilds with X resources can create a very large plot and that plot can be managed with some thing like Towny to micro manage.

I alway thought the beacons were just going to be portals to your place rather than a restriction on your build.

Lastly, can’t there be some sort of code-fu done to make a beacon only take up for example 16x16 perimeter from the point of view of being outside of the plot, but once you walk into it, it could be triple that size or infinite. Innovate! The game is called boundless!

1 Like

Surely you could make a beacon bigger on the inside. But an inside would require instanciation which noone wants. I also wouldn’t see how the game could benefit from such a mechanic.
You want to show of your builds don’t you?

1 Like

Who doesn’t want that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I feel that beaconing large areas should require more than an individual effort. I like the idea of a ‘beacon free buffer zone’ around beacons, but maybe this should only be for a guild beacon.
Example:
Make guild, place down guild beacon with a protected radius of X. No new (non guild) beacons can be placed within X+Y (Y being around 100 or something) blocks, but it does not affect the previously placed beacons. A guild beacon should not be placable withing (X+Y) * 2 blocks of another guild beacon. Maybe make beacons in a guild cheaper, but must cover a continuous area.

This would allow guilds to have a guaranteed expanding space while not completely blocking off all area nearby it. I feel that large scale builds should be done by a large scale group, and preventing a single individual from controlling a large amount of area easily would definitely push more people to develop a community rather than being angry hermits (like most people would normally do :P)