A Matter of Life and Breath | Underwater Exploration Adjustments

Greetings, fellow Bounders and those-who-succeeded-the-Oortian. I come to you today with urgency, and I beseech thee into action.

We must invoke our Creators–the Won’Dar Strak–and request that they expand the oxygen capacity of our lungs, or give us some form of underwater mobility so we can reach the deepest depths of Besevrona’s oceans and gather ourselves the ever-elusive, and much-desired Branch Funnel Fungi. Without their reactive variant of Lamella, we may never be able to craft the compounds necessary to enhance our tools, and our Centraforges will remain dark. (This fungus is overall decisively more clustered and efficient than the dreaded Mottled Tar Spot Fungus.) We have already lost many brethren who have dared to dive beneath the murky waters, and I fear more will soon attempt the very same. Some have found ways of creating pockets of air along the ocean floor to sustain their endeavors, but sooner or later, all make mistakes, and all succumb to The Great Expanse.

Oh powerful Won’Dar Strak! Hear our plea! Allow us to greater probe the ocean depths with some form enhancements to our current anatomy–whether they be natural, or oortmade.

7 Likes

Duplicate of Exploring underwater

I agree with this… please make it happen ASAP.

2 Likes

YES PLEASE! There is so much to explore underwater in caves that I feel terrified to do because of the limited time underwater.

3 Likes

Ah–I had not realized somebody had previously written this post, verbatim. My deepest apologies. (Edit: This was sarcasm, which was a bit rude of me. Verbatim means, “word-for-word”. Duplicate means a “perfect copy of something.” This post was not a duplicate. It simply had similar ideas. Yes I was linked beforehand. I simply wanted to write my own take from a “lore/in-universe” perspective.)

In all seriousness, that post from July was just bumped during the time I was writing this. You’re going to have a hard time in this community if you go through every post you see and reference an old post making the same points. There would rarely be any “new” posts. This forum has been around for years. Everything is a remix, my friend. There’s nothing wrong with having fresh takes on things.

I am happy you linked to another post on the same subject, though! Hopefully we’ll get some dev attention / feedback. :wink:

1 Like

You were linked to the previous post in Discord before you made this one and you even said you decided to post a new post instead. Not sure why. Splitting the discussion seems a little counter-productive.

1 Like

Personally i am most happy with an underwater breathing pie or loaf. Sounds like a solid solution. Maybe its already there. I am just unlocking the food recipes, so if thats the case we are good.

1 Like

We don’t currently have that recipe, unfortunately. I’d love to see ANYTHING added that helps us underwater, honestly. :slight_smile: