A Process for removing someone's beaconed plots

Honestly the plotted areas are for protection from trolls and griefers.
This game you have to claim land in advance for larger builds or you get the shaft.

Plus you were given option to some of those plots when we invited you to come to the area.
We waited for 30+mins while you were afk and then sanctum.

1 Like

There is a group of us developing that area everyday. The plots are available for new citizens to build on if they ask. I plotted a large chunk of the island to make sure griefers could not block our expansion in that area. Angel 1 is a big planet, you didn’t need to build near us. Feel free to use some other settlements portals.

1 Like

That’s an extreme case.

At the place I have claimed hundreds of plots all in a single location on Delta Cancret has someone near it. That person hasn’t been around for months as far as I can tell but there’s a river separating that person’s stone house and my area. Have no intention of expanding towards him.

In your case it’s a matter of someone actively plotting towards you and potentially with the intention of griefing you. I would suggest contacting the developers directly and having them take a look at it if you haven’t been successful in opening some sort of communication with the person doing that active plot claiming towards you.

The problem with advocating for some sort of process or stricter policy around plot claiming and not using the plots is that those that have things going on in their lives that prevent them from making any noticeable progress (they could be building underground for all you know). During Early Access I had a completely underground settlement and people would plot right next to it and complain about the amount of plots I claimed. Even though on the outside looking in it appeared as if I hadn’t done anything with the land for months at a time when in fact I was.

There are always going to be people that are in this game who want to build next to someone. There are going to be people within that group of people who just don’t care about your feelings, what you have to say, or what you think about anything. They will do what they want to do because they are within the limits of the game.

So to answer your question: yes, I am okay with someone claiming hundreds of plots in an area and do absolutely nothing with them for long periods of time. The more plots that are placed on worlds the more it triggers new worlds being created automatically. So if they want to waste 500 plots and do nothing with it, that’s fine with me. It’s literately no different than someone claiming around resource hot spots. It’s perfectly fine to me and I don’t even do these things myself.

2 Likes

I’m in quark, I’m the one building across the river, no I’m not griefing anyone, that is an absurd accusation. My build across the river is quite a ways from you sirgreenday. I’m not going to not expand just because its across the river. There is plenty of room between my build from yours. And we are developing our used plots daily. These absurd accusations are ridiculous

3 Likes

In this case you would be extremely wrong.
I invite any of the devs to come take a look and see if we are even close to doing anything wrong.

This person was invited to our area and plotted a good ways away.
This settlement they are referring to is mine and my brothers and we have been there since before official release.

People need to get facts straight before making assumptions.

Please re-read what I wrote. I wasn’t making an accusation at all. I was giving him a suggestion.

There is already an reasonable process for this. Beacon fuel expiration and gleam club expiration.

You are not an admin. Players don’t need to respond to any contact attempts you make. so this point is invalid

The devs are busy enough as it is.

There is nothing anywhere that even states the players are required to respond to an dev or admin. The player paid money to hold on to the plot, The player put enough fuel into the beacon to hold on to the plot. That is
more then enough of an response to show that the player wants to keep that plot for whatever reason that player would like to have it for the full amount of time that player haves it fueled.

It would be less productive because you are trying to propose an solution to a problem that isn’t really real and the solution not only means the devs have something even more to moderate, but is highly abusable and subjective.

People really need to STOP playing online games if they are THAT sensitive to other peoples actions, that they need to resort to asking for powers or ways to ████ other players over.

5 Likes

My suggestion was simply in response to being fed up with 1 plot beacons that have been there for literal months in the middle of cities.

I can understand someone wanting to claim a large area to build on months down the line, but claiming single plots in a city is just borderline trolling, especially if they can claim a spot that may have been missed, than report the owner of the surrounding plots for enclosing them when the surrounding plots were there first.

I’ve posted on this subject as well. I don’t think it’s fair for someone to hog more territory than they’re capable of actively sustaining. It gets annoying when so many ignored beacons are left for dead, or worse yet, fueled continuously and left as an eyesore for everyone else in an area.

That’s an interesting idea, a characterwide assessment of active plot utilization which somehow discourages the bad behavior.

Putting a debuff on the player is better than taking their land or banning them. And it gives them clear instructions on how to be a good citizen.

1 Like

Guys, it’s not changing.

The devs chose gleam club, footfall, and encouraged this kind of behavior, which is why the planets are littered with single beacon plots, are fragmented, and ugly.

The devs wanted this. People have already paid for their years of gleam club. They aren’t changing it.

/thread

1 Like

They can try to report this. But I am pretty sure the devs wont act on it when it is obvious what happened. Furthermore. If you are building/plotting inside a city. It is kind of obvious and goes with out saying that you WILL be surrounded, and therefore in my book your claim of being surrounded as harassment is void when you yourself purposefully put yourself into that situation.

2 Likes

This is always how it starts. :roll_eyes:

How about we just leave people alone to do their thing? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

So should I plot everything I might want for my city or not? You cannot have it both ways, you want to punish me for plotting what I might need for a farm outside the developed settlement, but if I want the land later and someone already has it plotted then I cannot make them move.

This portion is not in response to you @a13o
We need to leave this alone. It is an MMO and we are all going to have to get used to the other players being part of the game. If you do not want to deal with neighbors then you should be advocating for rented planets. If someone is griefing then yes, notify the developers and let them do something about it. But if a player has an undeveloped plot in the middle of your city, then we are all going to have to deal with it. We should have plotted it when we had the chance. And I know that cities grow and designs change. We have to deal with what we run into be it rivers, hills, or other players plots. We can always try to negotiate, but ultimately they own the plot.

5 Likes

The devs are the only ones with the data to say whether there is a clear marker of bad plot usage.

They already act on these markers, such as when they made it a 10k footfall minimum to receive footfall. They attributed this to stopping lazy footfall traps outside of popular spots. So they are already making nudges toward good plot utilization.

I agree that simply counting the number of plots is not a good way to go, because as you say you have to plot defensively. But maybe a player who has lots of unused beacons nearby well-developed beacons is a good signal to start nudging against. And maybe, like the 10k footfall case, these nudges can manifest in other game systems instead of having to resolve in land seizure or bans. That way players can still have the land if they really need it but the game encourages them not to play that way.

I will agree that things like the 10k minimum for footfall does at least force the players that are placing plots for footfall to do something with them. It might not be pretty, but they do have to do something. The players that have a beacon and a plot for warping, well it is probably a legitimate use, but still going to be unattractive to players that are actively building in a settlement.

As far as the unused beacons near well-developed. I have plotted 4 different “farming” areas near my guilds settlement. They have nothing but the beacons since we have no idea what farming might need or really what it is. I did four areas so I could give some of them up to other members of the guild should then want to farm in an area close to our settlement. If you are building a mall, could you not have a lot of undeveloped beacons near several well developed beacons. I think this is a really hard metric to determine if there is a bad actor or not. I would prefer to fall on the side of leaving it be, even if I end up not liking what that might mean near my own builds.

1 Like

Your idea of good citizen is a subject term and might go against my idea of good citizen. We should not govern or develop a game from that perspective.

Let people have the land they want… go create a new location of interest. There is plenty of space!

I know it’s very early in the game and I’m willing to wager that someone on this objective is probably not reading this…

But… you guys do know there is a very early objective that tells people to go plot in a “settlement”, right? The game literally encourages people to add a “random plot” to an already established settlement.

7 Likes

I totally agree with you 100% and I believe that if you pay money for this game then you have all rights with keeping your own plots.(unless your plotting in front of another players door and breaking rules).I have played this game since it came out on ps4.I have played consistently for months,but now I’m losing interest so I’m having a break and doing other things right now.But I expect my plots and buildings to still be there when and if I decided to play this game again in the future.Part of the losing interest in boundless for me is the fact that everything I build is not going to ever be mine unless I pay gleamclub to keep beacons lit .,so my stuff dosent vanish or logging in and fuelling it myself.Problem with this system of the beacons is you will always have to have the internet.What if in the future I become homeless or cannot afford the internet anymore? Noone knows the future so this has made me feel it’s not secure enough.And if I put time into this game then I want my things I build to always be there .Example (This was good about minecraft) ,you always have your things even without the internet.Its a fab game and I do like it alot but this is a big money making game at the end of the day.,as most are.Id like it better if you didn’t need to log in to fuel beacons up.Another reason why I’m playing other stuff is it’s nice to have variety in life or things get a bit stagnant and that ain’t healthy.Boundless is still great game though and its good they are not copying other games there trying to please the masses that like a challenge too.

1 Like

Just an idea, how about they announcing different size of plots for guilds.
Its more like 8x8 (small plot size) / 16x16 mid size / 50x50 large plot size.
And allow players to get it easier. Base on current meta, we have guild system, so beacon owners can use the guild system to share their city or town to people who wants to join.

Right now the reason why people can’t deal with current issue is because if we want to create a large city or town we need a lot of plots involve, and its really difficult to done with single person. Usually it needs some people in your team to share plots to protect the city. This why most of us can’t prevent people come trolling our city. Because we don’t have enough plots to make entire city in our control.

In our case, we are very lucky. We have a strong and nice member who help us plots 80% of town for protection purpose. Without his help, its really hopeless if someone decide to attacking our city by plots.

Right now the way to get plots, its either yous spend a lot of money or create a lot of alts. I don’t feel both are easy for people who wants to host a city. I think the city’s owner or team they need some kind of power at least to protect their town. I don’t mind devs use plots to make some profit, but providing more ways to get plots in game will solve a lot of problems as well. For example you can buy some plots with coins or some craftable plots or some guild plots guild can exchange with the same way we active guild buffs. So we don’t need to level up in purpose when we already have 3 - 5 lvl 50 characters and most of them have couple skills pages already.

I understand devs want to make this game like MMORPG + Sand box game.
But so far, this game is really pure sand box game.
As long as Boundless is sand box game, it will be nice to provide large area for players to build without too much real money & time involves to the building area.
We have really large planets for us to build, and i can say most planets still have a lot of empty spots.
But once we connect to the portal network, it means people will find our place and troll will start attack your spot by chance.

1 Like