A Process for removing someone's beaconed plots

You know, after reading through this, it seems to me that the real problem is the ability to warp to a beacon. If that ability was removed, most of those single-plot beacons probably wouldn’t exist anymore. Players can still save a location and warp to that, so removing the ability to warp to a beacon isn’t really hurting anything.

Uh… They can still use portal people build in the city or their house connect to portal hub ?
And if they canceling wrap to the beacon, means new players will stock in higher level planet if they don’t have enough atmosphere protection skills, and most of new players i know they don’t know they need those to enter hither level planet.

Well maybe you could only be able to warp to your home instead of any beacon.

I am just completely against any idea where a player has power over another player and with that power can ruin someone’s gaming experience. If the person wants to play dictator, wait until they can have a private server and have crazy and insane server rules and watch everyone vanish from their horrible private server and in essence boycott it.

Doesn’t matter how that power given to a player over another one is delivered, it’s not wanted, needed, or even necessary for this game. In game mods and devs should always have that kind of power, including over plot claim disputes.

Oh wait, we already have that. :thinking:

3 Likes

That’s a pretty bleak outlook, sir.

It is. Every step of the way this game has added redundant, convoluted, features, which has led to a haystack of bugs to fix, and siphoned off development time towards fixing the bugs that arise from the bug fixes, it’s disheartening to watch.

They’ve squandered so much time, energy, and money because they keep adding to a Jenga Tower that was a mistake in the first place.

2 Likes

Wait some people build beacons just to save the location and warp to it?

The locations list used to be very limited but the beacon one wasn’t so it was common practice to put a beacon down to create the entry in your places list. Then you could remove the beacon but the entry will still remain in the list …but not everyone removed the beacon.

Is this recent? Shouldn’t those beacons expire at some point if the player doesn’t need them anymore.

Not if they have gleam club

1 Like

I think the devs mite be a little to involved like over protective parents people run to the devs to much here and we wonder what is taking the game so long to be built to the standard and vision they had for this world iv enjoyed this game so far but some of the people are really toxic to the game development without even knowing that they are doing it the devs are accessible the way they are in this game to improve it faster to tackle bugs and bring the game up to where they want it faster not to be your babysitter because some of you want to be jerks

6 Likes

:expressionless:
-Ten charactears-

I personally do not like the idea of rewarding guild membership with plots. It goes against the spirit of the developers statement that you can play solo or with a group. Plots are consistent among players with the exception of some of the early backers perks. I think the buffs at least at this point do not push the game to almost require being in a guild, but I think doing this with plots does.

I also think this can make some of the issues worse from a griefing standpoint. A few players form a guild in order to get the larger plots to use these to block cities or you have a 8x8 empty plot in the middle of your city and it did not cost the player placing it more than it would for a single plot?

Also lets talk about early backer perks. So now those that get 100% more plots, if part of a guild will be able to gobble up how much space? And they still do not have to use them.

I understand your experience with guilds is they are needing the space you are suggesting and you are trying to come up with a way to allow settlements to be able to plot all the land they will need more quickly than the current mechanic might allow. I just think it creates to many other issues to be implemented.

2 Likes

Well, the entire idea not just for guild to get the plots easier,
I also mention other ways like cratable plots and exchange plot with coins.
It should be allow players from start to the end game to build the large project without leveling so much alts or spending that much of real money. If you have experience about running a huge city or town, you will realize its impossible to stop the troll if they decide to plots some area and build something clearly trolling. And i don’t see any problem to allow players to build larger project when they are still newbie. At least if we have larger plots to plot everything easier, then we can reserve the area we need before people take it. Also it give players no excuse to blame someone to take the spot they want, because they have ability to claim it before others.