A way to make hunting super interesting

I fail to see how I didn’t respond to your post ideas.

I responded how it’s just not a building/crafting game, and explained how it’s not real necessary to grind for materials, how some people build without mining for them or sell their creations, to continue doings the things they like about the game, without the grind they don’t want to do. I further explained my points then.

Everyone has just been responding to your ideas and explaining why they may or may not like it. Just as if someone suggested constant PVP every time, many will come and gladly explain why they might think it’s a good or bad idea.

I don’t wanna go into this, but you weren’t very welcoming with how you expressed yourself, in particular this.

While it could be better handled and we could just forget about it and dismiss it. Sometimes don’t expect to bite and not get bitten.I might be getting a little ahead of myself, but from what I infer, you didn’t want to just discuss ideas and may have wanted to also belittle others, cuz people didn’t agree with your views.

1 Like

Not to point fingers here but …

… followed by …

tends to have the effect of raising hackles just a little. So…

… don’t project… self reflect…

I’m not here to stroke my ego, what little there is of it - I’m not that kind of person. I’m trying to make sure that someone making a false statement that something is “completely broken”, when it just requires balancing, is corrected… so that when the next person comes along and reads this thread, they are not misinformed as to the current status of the game.

2 Likes

Is this town of salem forum??? :smiley:

1 Like

Dzchan: the OP i made was about the Hunting system and its inability to give you a reasonable amount of XP to make it worth your time. not to attack the games status.

Stretchious: thought you’d like that :wink: cute.

Karokendo: sounds about right

Anyway… anyone have an actual opinion on the Hunting system and how it can be improved?

You’re joking right…

I’ll say it where others wont. You’re behavior is quite inappropriate. We literally have hundreds of heated debates without devolving to this base level of hostility and rudeness. The problem is not with the community treating a newcomer hostily. It’s with you treating the community hostily.

This is my first warning to you. Discuss ideas, do not attack people. If you can’t reply to a post civily, do not reply at all. This applies to everybody on this forum. Don’t be the first to be smitten with the ban hammer.

Stop.

7 Likes

Sure thing Havok, i’ll make sure to keep it on topic…

Do you have any ideas on how the Hunting system and how it can be improved?

Hunting is not my thing, so I have nothing meaningful to add to the discussion.

1 Like

One way in which hunting will be improved is when, the game correctly spawns:

1. Creatures with varying power levels.
  2. Creatures with additional elemental enhancements (resistance and exposure (opposite of resistance) to different elements).
  3. Creatures with additional exotic features (in my mind equivalent to Forged creatures).
  4. More creature species: Hunters, etc.
  5. Location specific spawning: underground, high / low, etc.
  6. More interesting group spawning.
  7. Surge / raid spawning (where the many creatures are spawned in an event).
  8. Better balance between world difficulty vs creature difficulty vs spawn difficulty vs weapon stats vs player stats vs drops vs XP rewards.

More interestingly IMO:

1. The is a hard limit on Crafting skills - if you don’t have a certain skill you can’t craft certain items.
  2. But is no hard limit on Hunting skills - all players can currently kill all creatures. (Maybe it’s slower, harder, requires more input skills.)

Is atmospheric resistance sufficient?

Should there be additional skills for Hunting?

1 Like

In my opinion, there could be more skills related to weapons/magic weapons. You already put some weapon related skills and thats cool (i.e. amethyst hammers that breaks more than one blocks, or silver slings being really fast, etc.) but there could be more.
Also, i don’t see anybody talking about armor, i long to see armor that gives damage reduction. High tier Mobs could be tougher and gives a diversity of rare loot, but players would have to be well armored to farmed them. As for now, i think mobs attack are fairly easy too dodge, so they’re not really that hard if your group hunting, they just have a hell lots of HP. So different mobs attacks, maybe with splash damage, so mobs hit more often but do less damage. I think it would put some action when hunting.
P.S. For the new players, be aware that farming now is already 100 times more rewarding than 4 or 5 months ago. Devs are doing a great job on this game

2 Likes

These weapon (and tool) skills are likely to be moved onto the Forge once it’s ready. So they would become forged enhancements.

1 Like

no armor items but you have 2 skill sub-trees reducing damage you receive; you have different branches within those sub-trees giving protection from different type of damage (melee, projectile, impact)

What about a few basic recipies for lures and baits for drawing creatures to you or into more vulnerable terrain? Could include include baits for both vegetarian (berries, fibrous/inky leaves, flowers) or carnivorous (meat, bone, tallow) creatures. Lures could raise a creatures spawn rate for a period of time and could be crafted from dark blood plus a trophy drop? As it is now, hunting is all combat and no stalking prey.

Some hunter specific slingbow inserts could be interesting as well, besides extra damaget they could include tracking (great for those road runners), slow effects (for keeping dangerous monsters at a safe distance), and tranquilizing (for calming creatures that have not yet engaged)

10 Likes

I think a simple dodge ability would give lots of fun when fighting. May it be a quick sideways slide or rollover. Could be a big perk for hunter tree (but probably not too far down the skill tree).

Edit: Now that I think most will be playing in FPS while fighting, I think sideways slide will be more friendly to our eyes. Imagine the horror of rolling over in FPS :joy: Now I’m curious how other FPS implements dodging (I can’t seem to remember one which have one).

2 Likes