About portals

So far I like how the portals are implemented as fast one way trips between planets, but I feel like they are a bit too simple. For example, you could be on one home world and someone could give you a location token for another home world, letting you teleport there despite the path between them going to one rim world, then another, then the other home world.
I think it would be best if the portals could only jump 1 or 2 worlds away, that way it will be beneficial to move off the starting planet if you want to see more people, since the ring worlds are closer to the other planets.

• Keep portals as they are
  • Make portals only be able to jump to adjacent worlds
  • Other

0 voters

Not sure, are you talking about actual portals or the ‘warps’?

1 Like

when the permanent portals are added and the planets are linked to every portal it doesn’t matter if you can or not warp long planet distances. this would be good at the first 2 months but after that it wont matter anymore.

Right now there are just the 1 way portals, but I would apply it to permanent warps as well. Give it a sense of actually travelling rather than teleporting.

It would still matter, because if there is no difference between warping from one side of the galaxy to the other and warping to the moon of the planet you’re currently on, it feels a bit silly.

My idea would also encourage people to group up and make large cities on planets that are at a large crossroads, like the ring planets are in the current game. This would lead to a couple planets with large cities, many warp gates, and a bustling economy right in the middle of the galactic map.

If distance doesn’t matter, than neither does location, which gets rid of one of the main reasons to start a city.

you have a point

I agree!! makes sense.

Alright, so you are talking about both anyway.
Still:

1 Like

people like to play with others, I believe people would form or move into large cities regardless just to be able to play with other people

My suggestion is to reduce the coin prices on each warp… Im getting poor and lot of people to visit :sweat:

I agree, that’s why I said one of the main reasons to start a city :stuck_out_tongue:
I see the main reasons to make a city as:

• playing with others
  • convenience of working together
  • strategic location
  • buying/selling goods

I hope permanent warps are implemented soon, as they would be a cheaper method of travelling between two set places and will help gather people together in groups since many will want to settle nearby a permanent portal.

2 Likes

another thing is it is already expensive to warp, and if we’re limited to how far we can warp, it will not only become more expensive, but it would also cost even more to get back home, limiting how far people can go and making it more expensive could work to prevent people for going to locations too far away because they don’t want to be instantly broke

3 Likes

That could be easily balanced by reducing the warp cost, since it makes sense to be cheap to get to nearby planets and more expensive to get to far away planets.
A benefit for the explorer tree could be reduced warp costs too.

1 Like