Added a new system to support time limited events

Does anyone know what they are going to use this for?

I hate time limits in games. It would suck if meteors had to be completed within a certain timeframe as well.

Aside from seasonal events to add cosmetic flavour to worlds (eg Halloween themes) I really hate time limited events as they pressure you to play during certain periods or you miss out on the rewards. Ugh!

They haven’t released any details, but there is a new item you can put in request baskets called a spooky seed, that looks like a black pumpkin seed with a rainbow edge. So probably has something to do with a Halloween event coming up.

I’m super hopeful it’s the basis for a dailies system that some of us brought up in the previous footfall thread.

Maybe this :slight_smile:

Yeah that’s the type of thing I hate. I hear about this new world and think “that sounds cool” but by the time I get there it has collapsed or is close to and I miss out :frowning:

It only rewards the players that are playing constantly (which I am at the moment :smiley:) but the more casual players then miss out on some of the content cause they have jobs, family, other games…

It was an earlier discussion that a group of ppl should be able to summon them, with some work.

Tier 8 worlds will probably fall in the category of unstable and whatnot. Seeing as the palyer can’t ‘live’ on them because of stat restraints it only makes sense for them to be timed, but I’m thinking weekly not daily.

I remember there was talk on here ages ago with the Devs considering timers on meteorites … i think the reason at the time was when people had the no death penalty skill they could tackle any level meteorite and take as long as they want … not sure what the reason would be now though as you lose the meteor as a solo player if you die. It could be so that solo players can’t just dig in and pick the mobs off to complete it.