Addressing multiple characters and builds

off topic, I want a pet.

3 Likes

Yes yes yes!!! Freaking yes!!! Pets are a must. They add sooooo much joy to a game. My nephew literally just asked me yesterday when boundless was gonna have pets added, as if there was no way they WERENT gonna be added. :joy:

3 Likes

Actually I want to create the zoo mentioned on the boundless website. Lots of pets :smile:

3 Likes

Hunting dogs and maybe big armored hawks :smile:

1 Like

Good idea. You could just have a dormant pose, with the character standing bolt upright, arms by its side and its head down…
Anyway, I think this would be really cool and fluid. Great idea @Cookviper

1 Like

If we want it not to look like the day of the dead in a city full of alts maybe we need some other pose :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah we don’t want them all look like disconnected androids.

It would be cool if they walked around or something. I would want them to look alive. Maybe they could wave at real players or if there’s two of them they could look like they’re having a conversation. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This sounds awesome! I think one solution for a lot of the issues of “bad places to park alts” could be solved by some sort of a character Plinth… or better yet a sticker… when those become available. These would only be placeable in owned beacons (preventing random ppl standing in the woods… or worse in your build… unless you give them the go-ahead). When offline or on a diff Alt the unused characters would idle at their assigned block/sticker! This would give the option for players to NOT use the system if they didn’t want to AND allow those who do use it the ability to logout anywhere and still have their character idle in the correct place ^^

this would also be awesome… also Shop Keeps! and many other fuctions could be baked into this system… would be awesome to walk up to a Shop Keep and interact with them to see a UI for all the things for trade in that beacon!

Edit: ooo lol could have Door greeters to welcome ppl to your shops/builds! they could auto wave or preform some action as a player visits! some sort of cool down or “once per unique player” would be needed to keep it from being annoying… also maybe have it soundless?

oops missed that one… guess i was reading too fast hehe

on a slightly separate note… would be nice if players could switch alts in the game world… in the since that when you select your alt it would do the normal countdown to return to the sanctum and then auto switch characters… gets a bit tedious having to ESC > return to sanctum > ESC > character select > pick alt > play as that character =/

in reality im just happy there is a alt system now! but at some point the little things like this can have a big impact on quality of life ^^

6 Likes

Having plinths or stickers would be great. As long as there’s a way to find you characters (on the compass or by warping to them) I can totally get behind this idea! My main concern was accidentally losing one of my alts :stuck_out_tongue:
You could make the character plinths so they can be private or public - then people could park their alts in other cities and it would feel more populated. Maybe make beds perform the same function as well. You could get some kind of bonus or stat buff from leaving your character parked in different plinths for a certain amount of time.
Eg:

• 8 hours in a bed gives you boosted health and regeneration
  • 8 hours on a ‘hunting’ plinth gives you better attack and defense stats
  • no bonus if you just log out and leave your character in sanctum
    You could make different rest plinths for different things, causing people to think more strategically about where they end their play sessions.

Having alts on display would be really cool once more character design/wearables are introduced. People can show off their unique designs even when they’re not playing :smiley:

4 Likes

I thought the disconnected android look would be pretty cool :joy:

1 Like

…but not a line of them on a street :grin:

I like it man. I like it a lot!

2 Likes

was thinking same thing
also give them some lines to say
like “discount on berrys today my friend”
or “i heard a rumour cookviper is organizing new contest "
or"i heard a rumour they found redgleam in a forest on solum”
or “im busy refining go away peasant”
or"join the hunt on saterday 7pm i heard moebius the great cuttlekiller will make an apearance if we lucky :sunglasses:

and some random stuff they do like working in front off machine
or bartending ----example cleaning a potion glass lol
or guarding a property
dancing on a stage
sitting looking around
playing music instruments

this would make citys look awesome and never abandoned

please add lines people hahahaha

8 Likes

Oh dear god yes do that!!! That’s brilliant. Being able to make them say what you want??? YES!!!:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I like the idea, but my first thought is how it will affect the server loading, will it be necessary to scale down player per world?

1 Like

i was thinking they be more like furniture in game not a full npc

2 Likes

If they are animated and can talk, and maybe move, it is only a brain missing from a playable character (Mine maybe get a better life without my irritating brain interacting with them.).

3 Likes

There is already somewhat of a system for NPC’s, just like the one in the sanctum, which is (autocorrect!!!) animated etc… All that would need to be added is the message bit.

1 Like

The difference there being that the sanctum is offline and won’t affect bandwidth etc.

1 Like