Advance mixer power coils?

I want to power my mixer with advanced power coils is it realistically to have 17 of them to have more power or do you need less of them and not that much power

1 Like

Go the to knowledge section and see what you want to make and how much power it will need. Some items need only 1,000 power, others 1,200 and others 1500, The highest seems to be 3,000 power. A advanced coil is 300 power, getting five at the start is the best way to go (1500 power), then add to them as you need them. I bought five for all of my machines, and plan on adding two more as I get the coins. Those who do a lot of crafting, of high demand of power will get a lot more than the average player who is making for personal usage, I would think. Are you a guild? You will need a lot of power? Have a business and need to make a lot of items that use power, you will need to get a lot of power.
Hope that helps

1 Like

After 3000 power any other coils added reduce crafting time, up 7,200 power, which I believe is currently max.

2 Likes

24 advanced power coils giving 7200 power is the maximum number you can put on each machine. As B0ne said, more power means reduced crafting time.

1 Like

Also aside from reducing time more power also reduces spark cost.

4 Likes

Yes it does, I forgot about that and it makes a huge difference too!

and reduced spark cost ^^

I have one or two (depending on machine) of each machine with 24 advanced coils, which is the maximum, several with 12 and a few with none.

In most cases (when a recipe requires little or no power) something between 6 and 12 advanced coils will give you the best bang for your buck.

For recipes that use a lot of power you may want to over-power it more, for the crafting time and spark discounts that others have mentioned.

The unpowered machines I generally only use for recipes that have no spark cost (like refining stones, for example).

Let me find the last post I made with my testing on this to give you an idea of the numbers involved, will edit in a minute.

Edit:

1 Like

I got 24 adv coils on all my machines.

Started off with a few standard, then upgraded to a few advanced, then 12 on each, then decided to go for the full 24. Not strictly necessary, but by that time I got into a position I was able to do it.

Saying that, I have 36 machines and it has taken months to my them all out. So don’t put too much pressure on yourself to max everything out right away.

Do it incrementally and it won’t feel like a chore!

Or a huge drain on your coins. Right now advanced coils go from 2.500 and up. Compare at shops before you buy to see what they charge, then pick the one you want, or like I had to, buy from several different shops.
I needed to get advanced coils quickly as I had items to make that needed the coils and so I had to not only spend all the coins I had but borrow from my son. I’ve paid him back, but hated to do that.
I also had traded copper for liver and titanium and also gems, so that gave me the means of making my own. It is more expensive to buy the ingredients and make unless you can mine the ores and gems.

Another option if you have time to spend, is to buy a good hammer and a few persisting pies. If you’re efficient, it should only take around 50-60k coins to upgrade every machine with full 24 coils. If you only use your AoE hammer to drill straight holes and then cherry pick the rest with titanium or gem hammers, you can make them go a long way. I usually get around 1400 diamonds in six or so hours this way. Btw I don’t recommend mining in the same area for much longer than that, the world will start regenerating on you :sweat_smile: