Advanced Lock perms

I know many players have set up storage lockers, and mail boxes using adv locks… so i ask you;

If i own the beacon, and allow another player (non friend) the ability to place an adv lock on a door, do I retain the ability to remove the lock or access the door still?

Thinking of providing permanent portals to players that will never change ownership. But if that player quits/beacon expires… it would be sad to never access that room.

I would also like to put personal storage inside for the person. Like a one room apartment.

Help?

An advanced lock or a regular lock doesn’t affect the beacon owner’s permissions.

But you can’t give someone the ability to place or manage a lock without making them an engineer on the beacon itself.

So I’m not sure what sort of design you have in mind but if the rooms are separate 1x1 (or whatever) beacons you can give them engineer in the room and then they can place a lock on the inside, but it still won’t be able to lock out the actual owner of the beacon.

1 Like

If someone puts an adv lock the lock becomes yours

1 Like

Thank you.

I intend to continue to build these “apartments” up rather than out in order to save space.

If i give player Anna engineer perms and an apartment with a lock, and do the same for Ben who has an apartment above Anna. Will they be UNABLE to access eachothers apartment?

Engineer perms allow them to destroy blocks rite? Hmmm…dont want that…

Can i give them temp perms only to place the lock?

Engineer perms give them the ability to place, break, and I think work with complex devices like machines , signs, and locks.

You might have to give them worker to have them able to use storage I’m not 100% sure.

Since vertical plots have to be in the same beacon, Anna and Ben would need the same permission on the beacon level, allowing them each to ignore or configure the other’s lock as far as I know.

I haven’t done anything this complex so could be off on some minor point but I’m sure on the matter of permissions and vertical plotting.

What you can do is just place the locks yourself, put a lock on the door, and a lock on a grid of up to 5x5 storage cabinets. Could be one on each wall or whatever. I BELIEVE you can use an adv lock to give portal fueling permissions as well. It starts to sound like a lot of locks though.

You can look at @AeneaGames’ mailroom for an example of this, just without putting the storage and other items into separate rooms. So I can look at other peoples’ storage there but not access it.

2 Likes

Advanced locks are controlled by the person that technically has rights in that beacon, that may be owner or controller of said beacon.

Example beacon owner has all rights so can interact with it. But when the owner gives control to a guild only the guild can interact with it.

It happened several times that people came complaining about not being able to do anything in their own plots. Because they gave me control over it and wanted me to give them rights to.

Might see the best in every one but to go as far as give them rights to all my beacons… one bad apple is needed to destroy everything thing so no.:wink:

1 Like

Do locks have permissions themselves? Can i place one for Anna and Ben myself?

I could figure some things out myself in-game, but im outa town for the weekend and killing time with the forums.

When not added perms they work like regular ones Only accessible by “Controller” of that beacon. Best way to work with them is via guild system and give member rights to interact wit locked object.

1 Like

Advanced locks can grant rights to interact on faction or member base.

1 Like

Ok. I can work the guild angle…

So i can single out members of a guild to have perms on the beacon, therefor they can place their own lock and protect their apartment? Will this allow Anna protection separate from Ben who owns a room above her?

See where you are going with this.
Yes and no.
If you give individual members the same rights in a beacon they can do the same.
If you give builder status they should be able to place a lock or other interactive item (i think). But can’t interact with that item. Unless given that status to.

But when you give rights to interact and build status that means its not protected from Ben.
Because ben can do 2 things then simply remove the floor and go down. Or interact with the lock.

The only way you can make it work is if you make the rooms.
Absolutely no beacon rights for others. And advanced lock everything per room to give them the right to interact.
You can use builder status so that they can add and remove blocks but that’s not protecting Anna’s room from Ben or the other way around.

Like what you want to do but it it would only work if dev team added a layer function or a plot “zoning” function so we could work with zones in our plots and don’t have to zone with beacons. (Or if we could place master beacons on top of each other).

1 Like

What i would do is make individual rooms using 1x1 plots off of a main hotel beacon.