AFK at a hunt

I haven’t seen a hunt that demands anything from you besides keeping up when travelling. I’m fine with anyone joining the group as long their intentions are good towards other players.

How bigger the group how better the meteors. And indeed, when on lowertier planets I myself sometimes just build a chair of mud and sit down :smile: yes I as hunt leader am AFK hunting sometimes

7 Likes

I have seen an increasing number of people calling out AFKers during hunts and I am not a fan. They aren’t hurting the hunt, in fact, they are helping just by being there. AFKers are welcome on any hunt I lead. There are always enough active hunters that we don’t have any trouble with the meteors.

One of the reasons I’ve loved hunting in this game is how inclusive it is. You don’t have to be properly geared or skilled to participate, and that allows more people to participate and creates more active hunters as people are able to kind of sit back and watch while they learn how high level hunts operate.

12 Likes

LOL Sepras, I have screen shots of you on your mud throne. It cracks me up every time!! Ruler of the hunt.

2 Likes

It cracked me up when you made a throne during the last hunt for the free weekend. Just sat there and let all the new players work for their loot.

3 Likes

i go blind screen on hunts and use warp to friend when they shout meteor
i can join the hunt and afk to keep the annoying people busy :joy:

3 Likes

I saw a guy with his 2 extra accounts coming with him at the hunt everyday.
He controled them to just stand outside the combat zone and then he played his main character in the combat zone.
Thing is : is it worth it ? Buying extra game copies to gain more oort stones and footfalls ? The game is 40$ each copy.

On PS4 you can do this with 2 accounts (and 2 PS4’s) without needing to buy another copy, 3 or more accounts does need more copies and PS4’s tho…

I happen to have a Steam account as well besides my main account on PS4, when I went hunting with a friend last week I took my Steam account’s main with me, but frankly I found it rather annoying! yes, double the loot, but it was much more stressful than normal, barely had time to put the alt in a safe spot and more than once the alt died so had to revive it and leave the battle to my friend. Done it once, not doing it again!

tho perhaps with a larger group you might have more time to square away the alt in a safe space.

BTW, I kinda forgot, but didn’t early backers not get a few extra Steam codes for free? They could’ve been using those?

Hehe once or twice? That alt was dead more times than i can remember. Great amusement though

2 Likes

Seems to be a slight increase in trolling/griefing lately. We have a great community that is very supportive. Perhaps as a community we need to make a note when posting hunts that this type of behaviour has zero tolerance and players doing this will be reported as violating the C.of C.

Eradicate the trolls!!

2 Likes

Perhaps something is missing here. Context not communicated.

You were afk at the hunt, regardless of reason. Someone called out you were afk…and nothing more.

I have called out afk people in a hunt so they don’t get left behind. Usually someone will stay back to offer a portal to catch up.

I don’t see the leap that this was melicious or negative in any way. Communicating to the hunt lead that someone is AFK is helpful to the group to keep in mind…even if the leader decides to ignore it.

As for the junk ect…I have never been on a hunt where I didn’t get random blocks thrown at me accidently. Until we have a trash option dropping it is the only way to handle it.

Again…don’t have full context…just seems like a pretty normal situation that wasn’t an attack or anything.

2 Likes

Well… I’d say chopping down the tree is a little bit more then a few misfires from a golden fist.

That being said, you are right that we should be mindful that we have two sides to every story.

4 Likes

Called out afk is different than being accused of “afk leveling” which many people see as an inappropriate activity (personally I don’t care as long as it’s not negatively affecting my game experience). Calling out afk is also different from completely disintegrating the tree someone is attached to and making sure the whole thing is in their inventory. This wasn’t a misfire. I know about junk drops at hunts and I am used to that. But even then, I personally take the time to lay out the blocks after a meteor instead of dumping them on others inventory. It only takes a second if your action speed is good, and it is more polite than making someone else have to deal with my trash.

2 Likes

Going out of your way to troll an afk is a waste of time as the game is setup in such a way that they do not impact your gameplay in anyway. Trolling people like this is just spiteful. This is a bad sign for the health of the community.

5 Likes

I build little walls of junk from my inventory so I don’t spam anyone else. Lol. :grin:

3 Likes

Was this with portal seekers? I’d recommend informing the leaders there, I’m sure they would never do this and would frown upon others who do so. If not however I’m sorry to hear that.