After Boundless... I think I'm done with games that

And all those people have three non-paying options and one paying option to resort to:

• get friends to fuel their beacons
  • use low tier beacon fuel and log once a month to refuel, or use better fuels and log less often
  • stash the things they don’t want to lose in their characters inventory to keep it safe in case fuel runs out

and, of course, the paying option,

• gleam club

They either get to care about their stuff, or to ignore all those options, not both. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Could we have additional options? Sure, but that doesn’t mean that the existing ones are insufficient.

2 Likes

I have taken days, weeks, and months off from playing this game. I’ve lost stuff because of it. It was my fault. Even by losing stuff I don’t want people’s stuff to be recoverable if they left and their plots were claimed by Wild and stuff was world regenerated.

What I don’t want to see again in this game is the pin cushion effect where you have all these beaconed places that are empty for weeks and months at a time that never get worked on, never see any amount of play from and just take up valuable space on a game world that someone else could use and play around with. That happened in Alpha and Beta and it was incredibly irritating to deal with cause every 100 blocks there was a beacon placed. Beacon fuels did stop that.

We honestly don’t need an in-game method to save people’s belongings because they wanted to take an 8 month vacation from the game to then come back and play like nothing has happened. There are a lot of rippling effects in this game for stuff like that and one of them is the flooding of items into the economy from a player that was on hiatus for long periods of time. Not exactly fair to everyone else that was sticking around and playing the game.

It’s not fair even to the person losing all their stuff outside of character inventory either but that’s why there are beacon fuels and Gleam Club available. Not even going to mention any guilds of players that could look after your stuff while you’re away from the game. The options and solutions are there, don’t need to waste developer time on something that isn’t going to move the game forward in having more content, better balance, better server stability.

I think it makes a little sense to protect your stuff in a creative way inside an actual creative building game without a developer making a feature for that.

3 Likes

Players flooding the market when they come back?

Like one of the first responses said, you already can have 320 SMART STACKS of items saved by just muling up your alts.

Waste developer time?

Do you know how long it would take to implement whatever it is they would implement?

Waste valuable world space?

Again, no one has suggested that builds be permanent.