Am I the only one that has an issue about how fall damage works?

If you have the 2m jump skill and jump on props you take dmg xD

1 Like

I want to get rid of fall damage completely or at most bring you to 1 hp. But risk vs reward blah blah. I just want to be spiderman :pensive:

1 Like

My favorite is when I don’t fall at all but I release my grapple right before I hit the side of the hill/tree/etc and I take massive damage from slamming my face head on. I mean ok, I guess I can go with it but I never fell so I don’t like the wording.

That’s what you get for releasing a hair early. Physics could use a good touch up some time down the road but I’d rather they work on much more important things in the meantime, like farming and more mobs.

4 Likes

What if the distance you fell affected your movement speed for X amount of time and they removed the damage modifier? I feel like the EXP debt is a great asset to the game as there should be risk involved… But falling a few meters in a game and dying where the terrain is so jagged is not a good use of the death penalty in my opinion.

I’d be cool with that. Or a temporary speed buff for chaining multiple grapples in a row without hitting the ground and removing fall damage from grappling. But like @anon67769248 said, i dont want the devs to take too many resources away from other things atm. Fall damage can be tackled later on

No, man. Almost absolutely everyone who plays this game hates the way the mechanic works.

I’ve had a dev in the past try to say “it’s good because realism lol” but boooy if they’re trying to make a game that’s realistic, they’re going to have to scrap most of the current game and begin anew.

Having an unbalanced mechanic in your game that does nothing but bring frustration to players with no real way to counter it is BAD. (fall damage skill doesn’t count because NOBODY is going to waste the tiny amount of skill points a player can have on one skill sheet on fall damage protection.)

2 Likes

Venom, you can’t be spiderman.

2 Likes

i hate how broken the fall damage is. if two people fall the same distance, one shouldn’t take 100 damage when the other takes 24,000 damage.

7 Likes

You are definitely not the only one.

2 Likes

This why i have a skill set page for flying in city like spider man build. As long as I avoid to jumping down from extremely high place, always 0 fall damage.

ok this is awesome for sure and I might do this. But it only works well with no vitality skills. as soon as you get some vitality the skills don’t help enough.

1 Like

It’s not only when you fall. When you run fast with speed brew and hit a wall you can die, if you run on stairs you can die. This need to be fixed

3 Likes

also if you run into a sign on the floor.

2 Likes

Another way too… I’ve died twice now - one strongly suspected, one confirmed - by flinging myself into walls with my grapple. Last night I did it in Ultima, let go a bit too early, and smashed myself in the center of town. Rather embarrassing… :flushed:

Hey at least all your held stuff does not poof out of you when you die like in other games XD

1 Like

I stub my toe on something I feel like I’m dying too :joy:
We poor bastards don’t even have shoes or anything; it’s a mad house.

3 Likes

The way enemies push you around is also sometimes more dangerous than the enemies’ attacks themselves. I’ve died to creatures pushing me into terrain while aggro’d on someone else multiple times.

“Soon” is not soon enough!

2 Likes

oof… dec 2018…

Yeah, totally correct. 0 vita build for my spider man skill set.
I max the fall damage armor, and 0 vita point. Max out the power / dex / damage epic / grapple for build purpose.
max moving speed too, 0 atmosphere protection. so that build is basically speed run in low level tier city + builders build. ( With this build i can use grapple to increase the movement speed without any concern XD)
Also if you are planing to build in a very high place project, you can take the food (forge the name) which can increase your falling armor i think. Basically you won’t died from jumping in high place. (Unless you keep jumping down without let your hp regen)

Hoping this gets tackled next.