An update concerning my (Jiivita's) YouTube channel

I apologize in advanced for this post for it most likely does not belong here. Moderators do what you must, because I’m having a bit of a selfish moment.

As some of you may know I have a fledgling YouTube channel that, so far, makes tutorial and informative vids on Boundless. This has been my obsession every sine I gave this game a try back in January. I want to give a huge thank you to the amazing Boundless community that has been supportive to me and my channel. I realize my vocal presentation and content is a bit of a niche inside of a niche so the growth of my channel while small to most has been monumental to me! Another weakness my channel suffers from is a lack of communication about my schedule, what I’m working on, plans for my channel etc. This is mostly due to my insane scheduled and not wanting to commit to things just to be unexpectedly delayed over and over. So today is my first and, sadly, maybe my last update of this nature.

Until further notice I will no longer be making content due to life changing events.

Easter Sunday during breakfast my father collapsed into the floor with a seizure… a frightful moment to say the least but fast forward to now and this AM he will be going to surgery to remove a tumor from his brain. I realize this is probably the last thing you want to be reading right now and I apologize but besiege you at the same time… any positive thoughts, prayers, energy would be greatly appreciated.

Again im greatly sorry to burden this amazing community with my stuff o.O you guys and gals are amazing! I hate making excuses for myself and my channel, so I will resist the temptation. It is my hope to resume making content, but as you can see…

Someone wise once told me…

“Life is uncertain, eat dessert first”

Thank you all,
Jiivita

Update: 6/3/2017
Life, as you may imagine, has taken some drastic changes for me, however i’ve reinvested myself in my YouTube channel (and one day i hope to expand into things like streaming). Sadly for my channel, my schedule was chaotic b4 all this happened and now its only worse… so i’ll be releasing videos on a “As I Can” basis lol. That being said i’ve made some long over due optimizations to my work flow to allow for on-the-go editing so hopefully that will offset some of the delays =/

My father’s surgery went amazingly well, and despite a few week long setbacks and hiccups, he is improving daily. He is on chemo and radiation, which aside from fatigue, is giving him no trouble!

i wont bore you with all the detains but Brain cancer aside, given how well everything has come together and the way this unfolded, my family and i can only believe that he is meant to overcome this!

Thank you everyone for your kindness!

18 Likes

I am sorry for family troubles, real life comes before ingame. God Bless and keep you and family safe.

4 Likes

Take care of yourself and your family, know you’ll be missed, and come back when life permits.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about you father, @Jiivita. Look after yourself, and your family.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about your father. Sending thoughts and prayers. Take care of you and your family.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that bad news @Jiivita. Take care of yourself and your family

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about your dad. Take care of family first. Keep us updated on how things are going. I’ll be praying for a speedy recovery.

2 Likes

Much love, prayers and positive thoughts being sent to you and your family. We will all be here for you no matter what. Focus on family. Wishing you all the best…

3 Likes

Wishing a safe a speedy recovery for your dad. We’re here if you need us and totally understand that real life and family comes before all else.

4 Likes

Best wishes to you and your family!

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Life takes priority over games. Wish you the best in whatever and may luck and hope be on your favor. Hoping for a speedy recovery. Take care and be happy, hoping to see you once the time is right.

3 Likes

I’m really sorry to hear this, praying for your father’s speedy recovery and that you and your family stay strong together.

3 Likes

Good luck Jiivita. May your father be healthy quickly and safely

4 Likes

Family first Jiivita! Best wishes for a positive outcome! Take care…and those truly are wise words IMHO.

3 Likes

No apologies needed, health and family above all. Burning a candle for a speedy recovery for your dad and hope you come back soon. You truly are a valuable asset to the community :boundless: :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about your dad. Fingers crossed and best wishes from everyone in the Boundless dev team.

7 Likes

My thoughts go out to you and your family. Hopefully things go well and you are able to rejoin us soon.

1 Like

My prayers and best thoughts go to you and your family Jivita, we hope to see you again when you are able to get this sorted out and your father is well, take care.

1 Like

I’ll try not to get too gooshy here so in short the Boundless community Rocks! Seriously you all are an amazing community and development team. I really can not emphasize this enough.

The surgery went well acording the Dr’s… the tumor had not spread and was in an accessible location. He is resting well at the moment. We are not out of the woods yet but we are hopfull.

I want to give my heartfelt thanks to everyone for all your support. I had to wait untill now to read the comments for fear of loosing it, but I could tell by the email notifications that your support was there. It helped give me the strength to make it through the day and stay strong for my family.

Thank you all

This will be the last time I bump this thread… I feel a bit ashamed for abusing the forums in this way… I may move this to “off topic” (at least I think I can do that)… at any rate if I give further updates I’ll add it to the OP as to not distract from the forums intended purpose.

9 Likes

Best wishes to you and your family.

1 Like