Andooweem Rollback

That would be awesome. I won’t be online for 5 hours. Still at work zzz.

@Lynxdragon Do you remember what you fueled it with leaves, wood? how many was it roughly? was it in a big smart stack or just a normal stack?
I realise you may not remember but if you do it’s useful for us to try and test some things and see if we can work out exactly what happened

Pretty sure it was like half a stack of leaves and some wood, it was whatever i had and there was spare leaves.

I noticed that beacons need a lot more fuel to keep them going now. Was there a change to beacon fuel recently? If you just put that in that would not give you 22 weeks.

If I remember correctly:
1 Foliage: 12 hours
1 Log: 24 hours
1 Timber: 48 hours

If I recall I put a stack of 40 wood on a beacon and got a week and a half. Maybe I had some bad wood?

Ok I’ve run through most of the analytics and server logs along with spooling up a couple of snapshots from the days leading up to the beacon expiring.

I can see that you started building the beacon at 2017-09-16 22:47:25 UTC by placing down a campfire (which has an initial expiry of 24 hours), you then added a beacon console and began extending the plots up until around 2017-09-16 23:26:18 UTC.
I can also see the beacon was fueled at 2017-09-16 23:12:58 UTC with a set of 3 WOOD_WAXY_LEAVES each of these fuels a beacon for an additional 12 hours bringing the total fueling up to 60 hours. Thus the beacon would expire 60 hours after placing the campfire i.e. on the 19th around 10:47 UTC, it actually expired at 2017-09-19 10:47:25 UTC.

As mentioned I logged into snapshots of the world as your character , these were taken at just after midnight on both the 17th and 18th. At both those times the beacon control ui listed the expiry time correctly and the server side data looked correct, all predicting the expiry at 10:47 on the 19th. I also tried extending the expiry by fueling the beacon at both those times to ensure the ui and server side data updated correctly which it did.

So unless there’s a client side bug which I’m not reproducing that indicated you had fueled the beacon longer than you actually had everything looks like it worked as expected. And certainly checking the beacon after that initial placement and fueling seems as though it would have displayed everything correctly.

If you think of anything else unusual that you saw happen I could take a further look to see if I can see anything unusual relating to that.

14 Likes

Very thorough investigating. Nice :+1:

7 Likes

Then it worked as intended as it seems !

Please people, fill any new beacon up to the max to avoid regeneration. (Or lose your stuff/builds)

Something isn’t right somewhere, 40~ leaves should be 20 days roughly + the wood defidently does not add up. I did initially fuel with 3 leaves, then later I threw what I had in from my old base.

1 Like

At the moment the only fueling events I can see are the one mentioned and then more recently (since the deletion)
at 2017-09-21 07:45:47 UTC with 6 more WOOD_WAXY_LEAVES
and at 2017-09-21 09:11:46 UTC with 10 WOOD_TWISTED_TRUNK

Do you know approximately when the “later” was that you added more fuel? Was it during that first hour of placing plots or the next day when you added/removed some more plots, or some other time? If I know the time slot that you added more I can try to see if there’s anything in the server logs suggesting an attempt to fuel a beacon failing or something.

Ah don’t worry about it, if it happens again to someone else then maybe spend some time on it. I only lost a few hours work and a bunch of refined stone. Put your time into something more useful like lances?

Edit: Anyone who is interested in helping me rebuild now will give the opportunity now to claim a larger plot as a founder of Ashen City. @SWProzee1 @KKBell

Thanks @lesley64 contact me again if you want a bigger plot allowance.

1 Like

Ok no problem, it’s been a useful exercise in how we can cross reference our analytics, logs and backups anyway.

4 Likes

I’m out of town for a week, I could always drop by when i return.