Anti-Stuck Exploit. Door Teleport

I don’t know if this exploit is a well documented or not. I found posts about it, but not to this extreme, so I thought to bring it to attention. Its a pretty fun exploit, but an exploit that probably needs to be looked at. It seems to work at any height just as long there is some sort of platform above the door.

It also can be used to boost you outside of cave systems

3 Likes

Yeah, pretty sure this is a known one, it’s cool though! I didn’t realise it worked with doors, I was just using chisels!

1 Like

The problem here is you can’t really have an anti-stuck system without some degree of exploitation. The system works exactly as intended. The problem is the player. Only viable work around is to punish players in such a way that it’s not worth using unless there is no other choice- either by a penalty or tax of some sort, or some other negative effect. Maybe an uncleansable debuff for using it?

1 Like

Perhaps the door should break? A check for player in door space?

Though saying that, the number of times I’ve accidentally been stuck in a door whilst opening or closing one is mental.

Maybe doors should just be half as thick as they are now. I know I replaced my single home door entrance with a double door because sometimes I’d slide left and right trying to even go through the doorway :\

I wasnt aware of the chisel thing. I don’t no anything about programming but I think maybe if your sharing the same block space as a door, don’t let it close.

awesome. i’m bringing doors with me next time I go caving! :smiley:

1 Like

I mean, that’s usually how I get out of caves, but without the doors. I find or create a pocket that’s two blocks high, return to sanctum, then walk back through the newly created surface portal. I don’t think it’s really an exploit, but I can see it becoming one.

When the door open or close, the entity at the door will be pushed to the side where the door turns. This should not be a difficult achieved logic.
Pushing entity should happen before the door state changed. If target place cannot accommodate the entity model, doors action will fail.
@lucadeltodecso What about you think?

2 Likes