Any luck finding gold on Solum?

I see your point and i respect it, i thought you wanted to get gold fast and that it was an irritating problem for you. You must admit that you were asking about “the best way of getting gold” so i told you the best way of getting it. With that said, i know theres not not much to do with it beside selling it and making tools but thats what i do and i find it funny.
I don’t know why you say your disapoint by those numbers, the point is, in the final release i think it’s gonna be those spots that will be protected by guilds or city and each of them will sell these ressources and compete with each other. I don’t see nothing disapointing there.
As you mentionned, those places are not easy to find but once you found one you better mark it, i think it’s the point of exploring worlds. I still don’t know where to find most of the gems and some gleam color, but seeing people selling several stacks of them, they clearly found the same kind of spots, but for other goodies.

Well i wasn’t the one asking :smiley: , i was looking for answers to this question but here i was just commiting my experiences i made along finding these and how things turned out for me in game.

The idea of cities and guilds building up arround the most interesting spots is indeed an interesting thought,
but for me i don’t know how i will end up in this game.

I’d love to be a lone wolf who builds impressive buildings or has notable impact just by himself,
or be part of a guild not as a leader but someone who tries to make the guild an more enjoyable one, helping everyone and contributing to it the best i can,
or even lead an own guild, no matter if huge or with a small amount of people i all know and trust, trying to achieve bigger goals and competing with other guilds in a more personal matter.

2 of these 3 things could work together but not all 3. And to make my point,
how ressources finaly end up being spread in the world probaly will have some impact in making my decision :D.

Will i be able to set up a guild base arround such a hot spot attracting people to join me?
Or maybe im just part of a group who plans in forming a settlement which grows into a city and grow a liking to this group.
Or will i fight against the guilds economy trying to own the market. And set up an underground (literaly) black market, gathering valuable goods by my own and trying to make better prices than the big guilds.

Well i slipped away with the topic here x3 (on purpose)

@DoomsdayKnight Hey, have i just found one of those magic spots or is it just normal for a good vulpto cave to have about more ruby veins than silver veins in it :smiley: , like seriously its on the ground in the wlls in the ceilling everywhere in this cave along with kinda a lot hard coal x3

1 Like

Vulpto is strong on rubies and hard coal, it’s a very good place to mine.

if you head to the main city on Solum stand in the center and look towards the pixel art with “link” from legend of zelda. he is holding a sign but i forget what it says. just over that hill behind him you can look for openings there is a HUGE cave system there and the mining is great. just work your way down and you should find a decent amount of copper, iron, silver, gold, fossils, and tech fragments.

On a side note you can still go to other planets/worlds without the tool. just go to the main city and there are portals setup to go to other planets

I hope this is helpful

That’s one heck of a necro CaddyWhumpus

1 Like

I am not sure what a necro is. I googled it and it says.
“relating to a corpse or death.”
I am thinking it is slang or shorthand for another word.
if you could let me know what it does mean that would be Nice.

I am mining in that area right now and am currently looking at 26 tech fragments all within about a 15x15 block area. it is crazy when you find an area that is just packed with deposits

The post was made when the distribution of resources was different, while your suggestion is appreciated. The problem was already solved with the redistribution.

Necroing a post, is posting on a topic that has been inactive for a long period of time, like this one, that was inactive for 3 months

ok thank you for the clarification.
I am thinking that is not a good thing to do then.
I am new to the whole forum thing and trying to learn what is good/bad to do relating to posts
Right before I posted it told me it was an older thread but I have still been having a similar problem.
even with the new ore distribution I have found that some areas have almost nothing and other areas have Massive amounts of ores. is ore spawning still biome related? I saw the PDF that James posted about the new ore distribution but that seems to be per server and not biome related.

1 Like

Distribution is still biome related. And some areas having nothing but rock and other having plenty is normal.

is there a list of what biomes have what and how can we tell what biome we are in?
and also is there a way to chat directly with a person on the forum because I have a lot of different questions and don’t want to make a bunch of threads because of clutter

Don’t feel bad about necroing a post. Although the answer is different now than it was then, we appreciate you trying. There’s just no relevance to current gameplay, hence why be necroing posts is seen as shameful. (Don’t worry, were not like that here

To chat with someone on the thread click on your icon in the top right, and hit the mailbox image. Hit “new message” add the person you want added, and start messaging.

It works as a private thread rather than a messaging system specifically

Use this link to join the discord.

There, you’ll find plenty of helpful people to answer your questions on a more on hand way