Anyone else feel like playing Boundless is like a second job?

I love the game but it is starting to feel like a second job I spend all day irl working then I get home take a small break then play Boundless for the rest of night. Collecting, Crafting, stocking my shop and building on top of trying to maintain my village so it stays at least at number 10 on planet. This is the only game that makes me feel like I have to play everyday or I will be penalized for something even though I not being penalized. Its weird I know.

3 Likes

Not weird, as long as you’re having fun that’s all that matters.

Once it’s not fun however, then turn to other more fun things.

2 Likes

well its not the games fault.
you decide to play it :stuck_out_tongue:
(and i do also play so much currently)

4 Likes

What is the thing you like doing most? Do that! Can some of us help you? Let us know!

1 Like

I have fun playing it, I just feel that I cant play other games for too long before I’m like need to checkin on Boundless

1 Like

What you are describing happens in lots of mmo style games, but it all depends on the goals you set for yourself. The more you try and take on the more you have to keep up with. Say for example if you didn’t have your shop and how much time that would free up. It’s all a balancing act of fun against time commitments that might not be as fun. As others have said, make sure you are having fun else do something more enjoyable.

2 Likes

I dont have that feeling like when im building I build for days without needing to mine then when I run out I just go mining for a day xD

I think the thing that makes me feel that I have to play everyday is running a shop I want to try to be a shop people want to go to

5 Likes

Thats the thing. That shop life will bleed u dry. I almost started a shop but i could tell how much work it would be to upkeep so i said forget it. Same with prestige, i’ll be wherever i am on the list and thats fine.

Once i stopped caring about a shop or prestige the game got way more enjoyable for me. And without a shop, i dont need a portal. I just use my city’s portal

4 Likes

This is your problem right here.

1 Like

^ agree with Deen, working to maintain yourself in the only leaderboard in game can take a lot of work and although you can do it alone it does require a lot of time.
I can’t tell you that personally I like it but it’s easier when you have other people helping.

Everyone in my village has left leaving only me

I guess you should ask yourself " is it worth keeping this empty settlement in the top 10?"
You might consider moving to a place where you’re not working alone but contributing. There are several active groups that remain very active and growing. Chisel town, PS city, aqua, Ultima HQ, Black Light, cuttletrunk federation and others.
Edit: You could also attempt in bringing new folks to your settlement, a settlement always needs a flow of people though and beacons can get in the way so you owning the majority is always a good idea.

Yeah I took a break from restocking so often as it was too much work to maintain the stock and I wanted to get some characters to cap.

I echo what others have said; although I’ve said similar in the past in the context of additional grind it’s not really a sign of a healthy outlook towards the game. I’ve made myself either break or change my approach to stave off those feelings because really it’s my choice how I play.

MMOs feel very similar to social media in that way (not surprising given many of both use the Hooked style model).

1 Like

advertise to gwt more peeps back.

u shouldnt force yourself to a second job. maybe its time to settle somewhere where u jave fun all the time

Trampoline World!

3 Likes

There are also smaller settlements and some very nice builds out there that all have recruitment signs. Most are connected to portal hubs too.

Aye. He’s stuck in the feedback loop mechanic that virtually every game uses. Hence the “grind”. I guess it’s true what James said;

@BloodRaven56 - Best way to minimize burnout is to be aware of what’s happening and break free of the feedback loop prison. Just repeat the following to yourself 10x everyday until you’re free

“Prestige doesn’t matter”

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yep , all of that.

Had a shop, it took all of my time.
Quit the shop and went in to the hording and crafting for myself business and it’s all good now :slight_smile:

1 Like

One thing you must understand: The biggest reason you feel you need to play every day is because you’re trying to keep your village in the top 10 on the planet. Stop worrying about that specifically, and you’re going to enjoy the game a lot more.

1 Like