Anyone else feel like playing Boundless is like a second job?

You love your shop but do all the work for it is hard. I understand that you wanna make coin so investing your time to get things for free is a lot work. Isnt there people that you like to harvest for you where you agreed on a price per item that still will guaranty your profits

Where is your village?

That’s how it should be though. If you want a stocked shop and high prestige its basically a part time job. Or you can play casually and just build and craft at your own pace. Game is meant to group up so instead of having to play 8 hours now you can play 1 and focus on your “ingame job”. I play solo so my shop is very modest lol.

If you are a person that likes MMORPGs, and/or you find one that you really like, it can consume you lol. That’s what they ALL do.

I think they are great because there are many things you can do: fight, skill up, make things, wander around, build, socialize…whatever floats your boat. In other game genres, you are stuck doing the same tasks over and over to defeat a level or boss. In this type of game, especially a sandbox, you aren’t limited by levels, or bosses.

I like them because there are days I want to build, then days the last thing I want to do is build. Days I want to kill stuff, and days I don’t. Etc. Instead of playing a different game, I can do it all in one, while building up my main character.

I played the heck out of minecraft when it came out, but I always burned out & wanted more out of the game. Then I started playing two other MMORPGs (I still play them once in awhile). One has 2k-4k+ daily players and the other has 50k-120k daily players.

1 Like

I took my famaly there on vacation and ended up needing knee surgery. not fun.
now hot tub world that sounds nice!

2 Likes

Yes i do. A job i actually enjoy, and im good at it.

Nope, it’s the first one. The rest of life is just part time.

1 Like

I’ve often thought about ‘entertainment’ in movies, games and art, and I’ve come to believe that it’s a semantic problem with the choice of words we use to describe how we should feel about these mediums.

Are we having fun when we watch a horror movie? Are we having fun when we die repeatedly in Dark Souls - or see a painting depicting the holocaust?

We’re not having ‘fun’ - we’re captivated. We’re drawn in and don’t want to leave. The same applies to busy work in Boundless.

6 Likes

I wish my line of work was like boundless

2 Likes

I think it taps our dopamine/serotonin receptors. That’s why some people love FPS & some hate them. Some love RPGs and some can’t stand them. We are controlled by our neurotransmitters. That’s why you can’t get someone to play a game with you that they don’t “enjoy”…while you love the heck out of it. We get big doses from in-game achievements and get “hooked”. Whether that’s finding diamonds, finishing a build, taking down a meteorite, etc…activates the dopamine receptors and we like it. Similar to how people feel when they eat chocolate or cake, win a basketball game, do drugs, make a big sale, etc. (Don’t do drugs)

6 Likes

In Beckon west of Aquatopia embassy

Funnily enough I’m a builder in real life, so my line of work is at least something like Boundless.

1 Like

I wish my 2nd job would make fly fast like boundless.
A normal day in boundless:
“hmm maybe i should just put a few blocks for 5mins in my house and do something productive with my life.”

24hours After, forgot to do laundry, skipped breakfast launch and dinner, forgot to pay taxes, bills and doesn’t remember what year it is

9 Likes

It’s 2037 @Brea. When did you start playing?

4 Likes

Dang it. I skipped 14 birthdays already?! Fine. Just a few more blocks on my roof and im done

4 Likes

Same here. I’m Mason. Blocks and stones are my life 50-60 hrs a week. And I still have 600 hrs of blocks and stones on boundless!! Hahaha!!!

3 Likes

Hopefully they don’t add a thermal vacuum forming machine to the game then

Feel like a second job eh… it is completely a second job but I don’t get paid for it Q.Q

man im eyeballing a lake down my villa just waiting till i can afford it

1 Like

As a completionist, it’s hard to ignore prestige and world rank, because there are objectives that require it. You can say “just ignore it,” all you like, but for someone with OCD, that’s not as easy as you think it is.