Anyone else losing items?

Yesterday (6/17/2019) I have lost several items for unknown reasons and was just wondering if anyone else was seeing this or knew what was going on…

1. I lost somewhere around 200 black stone signs. I had them in one of my storage shelves, went to grab then, then popped downstairs to place the signs. When I got downstairs I noticed the signs were missing. Thinking maybe I hadn’t really grabbed them for some reason I went back up top to grab them again. Only they weren’t there. The signs weren’t in the storage block anymore, they weren’t in my inventory, and they didn’t seem to exist anywhere else either. Roughly 200 stone signs now just gone.

2. I was playing with my Brother-in-law today who dropped a full smartstack (900) purple yams on me today. when I checked my inventory I only saw 100 yams (I didn’t know he had dropped a full smart stack at this point). I went to put away the yams, and found about another 200 yams stacked with my other food supplies. When I thanked him for the yams he was surprised to hear that I only found roughly 300 yams. He double checked and confirmed he had dropped the full smart stack, I received part of them, but lost the bulk of them. I was not out of inventory space (as 100 yams was in its own stack to begin with, so plenty of room for the rest to stack with that one), but went back out to where he dropped them and nothing was left behind (didn’t notice any left behind when he first dropped them either). We both checked all of our inventories and all smart stacks, we combed over the place where the yams were dropped, nothing. roughly 600 of the 900 yams had just magically vanished into thin air.

I have a similar problem! I have a very large area that I have built! For a good two weeks, after the majority has been completed, now disappear a few blocks! There are free gaps and it just looks corrosive! … At first I thought that I just forgot to place the blocks! With the crowd it can happen - But there are always new gaps where I have finished everything before! Only my wife and I have access to these areas - I can rule out a bad joke!

Oh yes - there are not just a few! I had to reset the last two weeks to the 50-80 blocks!

Hey. Unfortunately you are not the only one. I had a stack of oort shard disappear on my when opening a closed portal. I reported. Nothing was done. Shards are so hard and precious.

I had 120 persistent pie that suddenly wasnt there anymore after the update on the guild. I was using it for mining and i wasnt finished as I was kicked off by the update. When i got back into the portal where I last mined it wasn’t there anymore. I cried so much on VC. They were a bundle which i mined and i was given tools + pies + Brews package since I couldnt cook. They were so precious. But someone so generous gave me 50 of them to stop me from crying. So sweet but still sucks. Just today I had 1 titamium spanner disappearing on me when i went to get a machine fixed. sigh

1 Like

Moved this to support.

1 Like

Did you notice anything strange when you moved the stone signs from storage to inventory? For example, if there was any lag / performance / visual issues?

When you said he dropped some items, did you mean he pressed the X key (or right analogue stick on PS4) to drop items? If so, then there’s a chance that items dropped near a player may not be automatically picked up, so you may have to move away from the items before going near them to pick them up (unless I misunderstand the description here).

Did you plot this particular area?

Was that the opening cost required to reopen a closed portal?

When you mentioned an update on the guild, do you mean during the time the game itself was being updated, or that the guild was being updated by guild members?

I’ve had items pop out of my inventory after picking them up (mostly portal tokens), but they always go back to where they were before, they don’t disappear.

Yes i have - they are full of Blocks and just few random like are away!

Yes which was 400 shards to open - I had 900 shards on me. So should have 500 of them left. When I opened it closed immediately and no shard was around - it was like I never opened it but I DID lose all those shards.

I meant update on the guild from the game - something they had to do a hotfix because the buff of the guild got screwed up or something from a previous update - like the buffs weren’t working I think? and I was mining at that time and then the system kicked me out because it was the time to update (I do not know if that is the right word to use “update” for a hotfix few days/weeks after the first update) and when I got back those pies was just gone :[

Isn’t the answer obvious???

1 Like

@vdragon

Did you notice anything strange when you moved the stone signs from storage to inventory? For example, if there was any lag / performance / visual issues?

No, I didn’t notice anything peculiar, no lag or anything. I do have a super fast (1gb) connection and a pretty extreme computer though. So lag or performance issues on my side are pretty rare and unlikely the cause. If we need to gather more details on performance or specs just let me know what you need and I can grab it.

FYI: Planet I was on at the time of both incidents was Lamblis in case that is useful.

When you said he dropped some items, did you mean he pressed the X key (or right analogue stick on PS4) to drop items? If so, then there’s a chance that items dropped near a player may not be automatically picked up, so you may have to move away from the items before going near them to pick them up (unless I misunderstand the description here).

He did literally drop the items for me, which is why my first thought was that maybe not all of them were picked up and we went back to the location of the drop to confirm (was probably within 60 seconds of the actual drop). So it is unlikely it would have despawned before we went back. I was also looking for anything I missed when I left, so it is unlikely I missed anything but we did go back just to double check anyways. On top of that my inventory was not actually full, so there is no reason I should not have simply picked them up at the time of the event.

Luckily none of this was crazy expensive stuff, but still frustrating when items are just magically vanishing into thin air when you attempt to move them.

No idea how relevant this is but
A stack stops accumulating same items when it reaches 100 and searches for broken numbered stacks before starting to fill the 100 more up. Same goes for Manual stacking. If you move 123 glass on astack of 99 it moves only 1 and the rest remains until you move it again.

I had some items disappear when shucking them into a cupboard because the stack they would have added to stopped at 100.

1 Like

That’s a blast from the past @Creegle. I never got to watch all the ReBoot episodes, mainly because it was taken off terrestrial TV around the 1990’s (I think) when it was still being made at the time.

Would you be able to show a screenshot of those gaps you were referring to previously?

I’ve not been able to reproduce this. How long ago did you see this occur?

Did that occur a while back too?

The only thing I can think of is that there may have been a moment that the game was out of sync with the server. Other than that, are you able to move items between storage and inventory with no further issues?

It only occured one time the persistent pie. Now i am so scared to carry too many with me so I minimised.

But the shard was so random. Some still had days left and it got closed.

But shard happened to someone else few weeks after my incident in a guild and she said the exact same thing that happened to me. Refilling a closed portal and lost all 900 shards and the portal is still closed. I have told her to post her problem on my post to build a case but not sure anymore if she has done it.

My original post: here my posts I kept reporting random portals closing for no reason:

Ya, previously I have never run into this, or at least never noticed it. But the last few days we have started to see stuff just randomly disappear. I craft semi-regularly so I’m constantly moving stuff around and shifting, and I’ve never noticed missing items until the incidents that resulted in this post (a few days ago).

So far I have seen the two incidents described here where items just vanished. I did not notice any abnormalities in the game either time this occurred, the only commonality I have been able to see was that in both cases we were in the process of transferring the items from one location to another.

I can see that I had originally replied in that forum topic. As I haven’t been able to reproduce this, if you get it again, try submitting a game log after it happens.

As with above, you could try submitting a game log so that we can check if there’s anything unusual information.