Aphantasia and Building: POLL

Absolutely! I feel like if I don’t get started chiseling and doing little details once I discover them, I won’t remember to do it later :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I added a pole to the top as I’m curious to the demographic of the player base in terms of visualizing and aphantasia.

I have aphantasia as well. Surprised it came up on this forum since a lot of people I talk to don’t know what it is :sweat_smile:

Me personally I freehand my builds and just do it as I go. Even when chiseling I’ll grab all the different types of chisels and just start chiseling the blocks until I finally have something I’m satisfied with. But planning? Not very possible for me. I can’t visualize what I’m building or about To be chiseling at all.

2 Likes

I didn’t know there was a word for it. I am peetty sure a lot of people have this issue.

For my part i can visualize the rough image of what i wanna do.

But in the end i jsut wing it because usually the plan always change as you build more.

5 Likes

I have this issue. My solution is to constantly reiterate small portions of my build at a time. I might do 3 or 4 floor plans, then I’ll do a bunch of different 5x5 wall designs, a few different window designs etc and then repeat the pattern to fill the area I layer out with my floor plan. The roof is always the hardest to settle on for me. I often have no idea how a build will look until it is done, they just kinda morph and grow until I’m satisfied.

3 Likes