Are the roadrunners running sooner?

Ok, seems like the roadrunners are taking off way sooner. With an iron bow sling I was able to get close enough to shoot at them, but only if I was careful and a little lucky. Now I barely even see them and they take off.

So, are the roadrunners running sooner?

hence because now u have to plan out stupid plans that will end up with a giant ass rock landing on ur body whilst you have a small comedic umbrella to “stop” the giant ass rock.

1 Like

Yes, the Roadrunners seemed to have gotten smarter and can see you from a further distance. I do believe you can grapple entities and that could possibly work, but i have not tried myself so it may not work depending on the grapple quality or could use a stronger slingbow.

EDIT: Also, if your searching for Rough Oort Stones, i tend to get a fair amount from going to places like Munteen VII or Vulpto and killing high level mobs there

Ok, good to know it’s not just me…

With gems getting harder to come by I am hard pressed to use gems for weapons and grapples.

Might have to change that thought;need the oort stones.

Yeah, to be honest it just depends on where your looking for gems, Vulpto has good supplies of Ruby as long as your looking in the correct area, i find more Rubies if i find a nice mountainous area, mostly made of rock then i carefully dig under (please us grapples for this) my feet and enter the cave. I was able to make a friend 9 ruby tools with the help of some spare he had.

With thanks to @Dzchan94 for sharing this chart with us, you can find materials quite easily in some cases.

From what I’ve encountered with this list, is Primary is the Surface, and Secondary is what the material may be surrounded with or just part of the mix on the surface, in this case Ruby is Stone, Stone which is why i find most in rocky mountains

1 Like

Oh, that chart wasn’t made by me. But by @Stretchious I’ve just been sharing it with everybody that seems to need it. So all thank and praise @Stretchious, founder of Miner’s Buff, creator of charts and supreme overlord of Boundlesscrafting.

Yes, knowing where they are is great, but with the change to hammer speed and block hp gems are going to be harder to get lowering the amount in circulation. Not to mention as more players come there will be more competition for resources…

Very well, thanks for sharing the chart though @Dzchan94 through discord, and thanks to you @Stretchious for making it

That is true

Hah!

:notes: “I’m just a man, I do what I can, don’t put your praise on me…” :musical_note:

Ok, so I changed the words a little :smiley:

Good looking out @Dzchan94 :wink:

Hence the reason for gearing up before you go out to a harder planet. I personally don’t think competition will be that great at all, as only advanced players who have invested points into relevant skills will be able to go there and survive (or in bigger groups of players) … remember that creatures are currently in the process of getting an overhaul in regards to stats / health etc as well, so harder worlds will become just that.

This is all part-and-parcel of the overall progression system. Block health is intended to increase the rarity of the blocks, which should increase the community aspect of the game. You’ll either need to team up with others to go mining on harder planets, or, as an early game player, you’ll need to find someone that is willing to sell you the rarer items that you want.

3 Likes

From the Live 169 issues thread – not sure if it’s been fixed or no, but certainly noted:

1 Like

Well, seems it really doesn’t matter at this point. I don’t see any real difference with the hammers on any planet.

The latest changes are only in the test branch of the game, not the live release.

… …

Indeed… on the live branch, it’s a moot point until the test branch gets promoted