Are there any servers in South America?

Hello everyone
I’m looking forward to buy the game on Steam and was wondering if there were any South American official servers.

If not, are there any plans on releasing official South America servers in the future?

Also, is it possible to have a good experience playing this game with ~250ms, that would be my ping if I were to play in an US server.

I live in Brazil btw

Thanks in advance, guys!

1 Like

Ola;

I think there are servers for the following areas: Europe, US East, US West, Australia.

I am from the Europe region but all the worlds are inter-connected, and for example right now I am on one of the Australia worlds and my ping is 170ms, and the game feels quite playable anyway! Those extra ms to 250 might make a difference, but I can tell you that the game feels just as playable on 170ms as with 50 or less for me.

Edit: Actually my average on this world is actually closer to 180ms, but peaks near 200.

Oh great!
Thank you for the answer! :blush:
I think I’m gonna pull the trigger and try it out.
There’s always the refund way.
But knowing if there would be a South American server in the future would also be great!
:smile:

2 Likes

I’m playing from South Africa and can play anywhere but the Australian servers. The game generally deals with latency in an excellent way.

2 Likes

I’m playing from Perú and can manage fine in most of the servers, except Australia sometimes, there’s a bunch of other brazilian gamers in the community that can tell you more. @Chonps

4 Likes

I live in Brazil as well and I can play perfectly fine :smiley:
As OmniUno said, the game truly deal with latency in an excellent way, especially if you correctly configure your Chunk Download Rate

4 Likes

Great to know that, I just bought the Adventurer’s Edition of the game!

How did you configure your Chunk Download Rate?
I also live in Brazil so I think the setting should be the same, right?

1 Like
3 Likes

Thank you for all this info! :blush::+1:

3 Likes

I live in Brazil too. I can say I have low latency most of the time.

2 Likes