Armour! EDIT: bring back old wearables? they looked better!

So I pulled these pictures from the post your screen shots thread. Clearly they are early access. BUT. If they were in the early access then the assets(3d models) are still around. Were they removed because of performance issues? Were the added poly counts slowing the game?
I and everyone else would love these.
And to be honest. This diaper is old, smelly and stretched out. And I would hate if the old Oortian snake popped his head out due to the stretched out diaper. Lol. Please devs I know you’re busy… but it would be pretty sweet.
@james @lucadeltodecso @SamF @vdragon

14 Likes

Why did they go with diapers when we coulda looked like this???

8 Likes

Ahahaha probably cuz those were pre-set models now you can customize your character. I would assume they are in the works of a proper, robust armor/clothing system. Of course that is just my opinion.

5 Likes

Please. With functional armor values and shields. I wish to hunt on t7s for ichor

@james

3 Likes

The only thing I can think of would be performance issues. If you were on a hunt with 40 people. All of which have armour. Meaning added poly count for every character. Might slow things down too much. And big hunts already get a pretty choppy. That said. That one armour just looks so sweet. Please devs. :pray:

3 Likes

And theyrrre still holding out on pants they once teased us with…

Would be cool to see an armor piece provide a skill point or epic skill while worn in relation to the style.

Or better yet, PANTS that offer a skill point!

2 Likes

maybe they could apply armour stats to the body paint?

2 Likes

Confusing topic title - the EA models you see there are just older models that were replaced by new ones: they weren’t functional armor at all.

So, not sure - is this topic asking to bring back old looks or introduce functional armor (that has never existed in the game in wearable form). Or both?

3 Likes

I think planetary resistance would be awesome on armour. Or added hit points or other stats like Diablo and pretty much any game with armour. But if it were just decorative I’d be happy with that too. Get me out of this diaper.

5 Likes

Is this all a metaphor for how Boundless as a game is still in diapers?

Jk lol :joy:

9 Likes

@Krollbar Hahaha. That is pretty funny right there. :joy::beers:

1 Like

:joy:

Well, maybe one of them will at least change yours, so you don’t get a rash? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@georgegroeg change your diaper to yellow and run around asking for a change

2 Likes

Too late the rash is here with a vengeance. Lol. Anyone have some preparation H

2 Likes

I want to be an oortian superhero vs t7 lvl one meteors and defend friends.

l0HlymZ7Jv6JoiYjC

4 Likes

… Well, come to think of it, maybe we need to build some outhouses or garderobes, haven’t seen any facilities of that nature in the Oortiverse, maybe that is part of the problem, why we’re all in diapers. :thinking: Some resin or petrolim might serve well for the cesspools at the bottom. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I remember a time when we had ears and a nose. :sob:

So cute … I miss her so much. :sob:

#MoebiusPlaza for life.

12 Likes

oh now you must do this. make georgegroeg a changing station…have him die on it with you standing there doing the intimidate pose at the end of his legs and it would look like you are about to change the diaper!!!

1 Like

looks like the number of players that currently play the game…sorry that was mean…forgive me!!!

4 Likes

… I’d do the facepalm emote to get the point across too. :rofl:

I figure one of these days my sense of humor is probably going to get me banned from this board and/or game. :joy:

5 Likes