Ask for explanation

…because I absolutely do not understand it. It’s about P2W. Many do not want to be able to acquire this, for example in the form of coins against Cubits. But Boundless has always been P2W and allowed. I mean the plots here. These are bought against Cubits and are often used to build in resources that no one else can do, P2W.

I ask for an explanation, in a civilized language without any insult.

First of all, I can not speak English, I never got it, and I also have learning disabilities. I use the Google Translator. It would therefore be very nice if you would answer in plain English, without abbreviations and alien words.

What is your question?

Pay to win implies theres a way to “win” at this game. Tell me - how does one “win” at boundless? By having the biggest build? By owning the most resources? How does this quantify as “winning”?

The whole idea of pay-to-win even existing in boundless is laughable

3 Likes

Boundless is a sandbox MMO. There is no “end” to win. You can earn plots for free in the game. If you don’t want to wait, you can buy cubits to get the plots quicker. Same with accessories…you can earn cubits for free in the game. If you don’t want to wait, you can buy cubits. There is no P2W.

2 Likes

The thing is, There is no pvp, no trophys, no “win” features.

as long as they dont add flying, or unlimited plots or other game breaking things, as is, its no p2w or gamebreaking thing you can buy.

1 Like

In the figurative sense, you win, if you secure all the resources and no one else comes to it. In addition, it spoiled other players so the fun. My opinion.

You can’t secure all of the resources in the game. I mean, if you can plot almost 16 million plots… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Literally impossible. To do so, you would have to buy enough cubits to cover around all the resources.

Figuratively, if you were the guy who owns Amazon you could, but do you realize how much real life money it would take to buy all the plots on majority of a planet to make sure that no one could get to the resources.
Yes, some players will band together and put plots around a section, say of diamonds seams, so they can have a ready source of diamonds. And there were complaints. But others were able to find a way and cleaned out the diamonds from what I read and it can be done, they can’t block off every area. They are large planets, and there are plenty of resources if a person just waits a few hours they will regenerate.

And there are some farms that have been created where a section has been built around so critter can not get in and hurt you, but they are open to the public, not private. The reason for the ability to buy cubits so they can be used to buy plots is for those who want to do a big build, say for a city, and do not want to lose the plots needed in the area they want.
I bought a lot of plots at one time. Doing my build of my base, it was going to be a large size, mainly tall, so I needed a lot of plots but at low level 20s I didn’t have enough so I spent $420 and bought a bunch of cubits to buy plots. Since the only neighbor we had was across the river and I went the other direction, we were no threat to each other.

You Can Not Pay 2 Win in this game.

I just think it’s funny …

but absolutely do not understand it … but okay … everyone has their own opinion. For me Boundless has always been P2W and always will be.

There are hotspots all over the planets, so some one has 1. There are also public mines for every gem. Stop whining about p2w. This isnt the game where its even possible.

1 Like

I had written, please without insults, right? - Besides, I do not cry, I have absolutely nothing against P2W.

I find it just very amusing that all say Coins against Cubits is P2W - plots against Cubits but not. It’s just funny because it’s one and the same.

It’s not P2W because there is nothing you can buy, that you can’t earn in-game for free. No one has insulted you.

P2W (pay to win) is a very broad term and since you cannot “win” in boundless it may not be the best way to describe it. But the reason buying in game coins with real money is a problem is because it gives people the ability to buy anything they want, whenever they want as long as someone is selling it. With enough people spending real life money for in game currency, the price of items skyrockets.

If the price of items skyrockets it will almost make it a requirement to buy coins in order to keep up with the economy. Leaving the people who can’t afford to buy way behind.

So not pay to win, since you can’t win. But it could potentially ruin the game for people who can’t afford to buy coins.

Which doesn’t apply to Boundless.

Its also fairly easy to get plots when you hit max level. 5 levels with one teaching pie+ one or two levels as you mine. But having 2000 plots vs 200 plots isnt that big of a deal. You can effectively run a very profitable shop with 1-5 plots. Thats why i think buying plots doesnt matter.

You can wall off all the resources you want. There’s a 90-99% chance you can still find a way in. And new planets can drop at any moment, essentially wasting the time you spent plotting the resources and the money you spent buying plots

2 Likes

buying plots for cubits that was bought with real money is not pay to win, see the above quote straight from the horses mouth.

buying plots with rl money is useless on their own since you still need to gather, mine and hunt for resources as well as buying from other players, you also still need to level your characters and gain skill points none of which can be done with rl money, only through time and effort will you progress.

adding a coins for cubits feature to the exchange is pay to win and would destroy the in-game economy it could also even destroy the game itself as there would be a mass exodus of players in response to it’s addition.

2 Likes