Astroneer looks interesting

PS4 release imminent. 2016 PC release, still has over 1000 players, so it must be pretty decent.

Not a true boundless competitor per se. I noticed it when looking at boundless on steam (where it is still $40)

2 Likes

I’ve been quite close to biting on this, and still might soon, for one big reason: it is available as an Xbox Windows 10/Play Anywhere game. Which means I’d be able to play it at times I can’t play other games. :wink: Done a lot of reading up on it and it does look interesting, plus, neat aside, the starting planet in the game is the same name as my town.

Because I think it is comparable to Boundless in some ways and seems to be doing pretty well as an Xbox PA, I’ve thought (mentioned it before on here) that Boundless doing the same could be a very good move (at least in the future perhaps when they’re ready for more of a push). It would get a lot of exposure as a PA game I think. Not just saying this because being so would allow me to clock a LOT more hours, haha… :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve owned it for almost two years now.
Still unpolished and lack clear vision for game play I think, but I play some after every bigger update together with my brother and his son.

I like it’s artistic style and the tech tree as well as available planet types etc.
Terraforming and movement are a bit out of control though and I’m not sure what long-term achievements can make me want to play this game more.

1 Like

It’s also included in Xbox Game Pass for Win10 :wink:

1 Like