Atlas bug exoti. Yams

Whilst using atlas charged with exotic earthyams got to the first hotspot and then the blue dots all disappeared before I found the plants and there were many blue dots.
I still found the two plants though.
I tried removing the seed and then replacing it in the atlas but no joy, I then tried wheat seed and that worked, and then back to exotic no joy again.
I went to sanctum came back didn’t work either.
I quit game came back and still the same.
Game log has been submitted.
Main character in game Brucebanner
@SamF

Yup, this is a rather annoying bug!

@james this makes searching for these very rare plants even harder…

1 Like

@AeneaGames I put an earthyam in there and then flushed that and put the seed back and it worked temporarily

I tried that too but didn’t work for me…

That’s what makes these yams so exotic - active camouflage!

3 Likes

I wasn’t able to reproduce this issue, but the video is enough proof to show that it occurs, so thanks for providing the information. It’s been added to the bug database.

3 Likes

I feel as though using portals is what bugs the atlas. So mine originally worked when going onto circa, I used some portals while on the planet now it is completely broken for both bulbs and Raw Exotic Earthyams

I spent about three hours yesterday trying to find exotic earthyams and could not find even one … I actually had better luck getting roadrunner feathers, came back with three of them :grin:

3 Likes

In the video you can clearly see the atlas is working, I picked clean 2 hot spots, check if I got them both fully and ALL of the hotspots disappear!

To me it seems that removing some AND then looking at atlas might trigger not just disappearing of the ones you just picked but all of them!

I didn’t even know there was a bug that was affecting it until @AeneaGames mentioned it in another thread. Have tried it on Circ and another planet and no exotic yams show up, but did find one, can’t remember the planet.

It is frustrating as those are needed for the persisting pies everyone wants and I am trying to make some for the guild. They are growing what they can for me but it will take time with the few they have. I have enough for one mass craft, I think.

Yeah I can confirm this is the problem as it’s happened to me. I’m on the PC

Could it be because another person actually took the resource? I’ve watched them go away from actively removing them…

(edit: sorry I meant not in that example but more in general. I’ve barely seen any items on the planet overall)

The whole atlas is weird and blank. It’s definitely a bug

Nah defo a bug as I found the resource nearby and it still didn’t show.

Also when I managed to get it working again breifly same story

1 Like

Watch the video and the image provided above. The image says it all, left of the atlas there’s an exotic yam plant while the atlas is completely blank…

Yes I edited my comment already. In that case it makes sense but I was meaning that not everyone should assume that because they see a blank planet it is the bug. Until we have clarification on how the bug works.

I think the confusion came from missing this statement from the original post. Which clearly is a bug if the atlas hotspot was gone and the plants were found after.

I am just pointing out where you might have missed something on your first read through, as you have already recognized that this is a bug.

Is this still bugged? Trying to find Exotic Earthyam Bulb to start our farm but none are showing up. Have 3 bulbs so far, getting up in seeds from there sounds miserable. Or is it normal to look at several regions on Circ and find zero?

Thats pretty normal… cause circa is the only place currently that has them (perma planets).

It should be easier nowadays cause many people alrdy have farms and such but i guess not.

If anyone is having troubles. I am happy to give seeds for anyone needing