Atlas feature suggestion

I just filled out an Atlas 100% and the feeling of accomplishment was amazing however there are some things i feel would definitely benefit the item.

1. Add the ability to place pins on the Atlas. For marking locations of interest.

2. Add the ability to sync Atlases with other Atlases (If not sync the maps then sync the location pins.)

3. Add the ability to freely rotate the Atlas in your hand. Once you finish manually rotating it it would return back to the default position centered on the player.

8 Likes

I love these ideas! I feel the Atlas is currently pretty bare bones, so I agree that I’d like to see added functionality.

I’d like to add one more idea to the list; I want to be able to see my current coordinates when pulling up the Atlas. I know this can be done with the debug info, but I’d rather not have that screen up if possible.

5 Likes

Absolutely. I think seeing that plus the depth would be pretty cool. Maybe add an upgrade for the Atlas that allows you to map out the caves too.

1 Like

oooh like mapping a trail! you could start and stop a trail, assign colours to them, you could even have the option to have them expire after a chosen amount of time so you’ll know when the area is farmable again.
All this information would only be loaded or seen when holding the atlas in your hand rather than on a shelf to save processing power-
Oh! I think the pathing stuff should be client side only if possible, that would probably help.

3 Likes

Well a cool idea behind that would be to add togglable layers on the atlas. One for ore detecting, one for map pins and one for claim monitoring that allows you to zoom into the selected claim to view a 2d color coded zone depicting any claim owned by you or friends if the (track this player) tick is active.

3 Likes

I think its certainly safe to say the atlas has the potential to be the most complicated tool to develop and the most useful one at the same time.

3 Likes