Atlas mapping problem

Here’s a shot of my atlas. I can’t figure out how mapping works. I’ve discovered the region I’m standing in, yet it’s not showing up on the atlas.

already posted in 197 post bugs thread.

Thanks for that, I didn’t know this was a common issue and thought I was doing something wrong. Hopefully this is a priority fix.

It’s already fixed and will be released next week.

Before then you can work around the issue by deleting your cache.

3 Likes

You say blank Atlas’s have been fixed, well on PS4, they have not. Still have a blank Atlas after filling it in, and how am I supposed to clear it in the PS4?.

They have been fixed in development. The patch containing that fix is waiting to be released, but will likely land this week.

Let’s hope so, it makes mapping world’s, unimportant and deletes the ability to track items on a filled in Atlas, I have to go to unexplored worlds/area in order to find items

Hope this is the right place.

As soon as I think I’ve figured the atlas out. Poof!

I feel like there’s some kind of server lag or something. I finally discover how to get to a new region, except the atlas has stayed fogged out.

Any insight? Thanks

Sometimes it won’t fill in for me if lagging, so I just remove it from my hand then put it back and try again.

Welcome to the forum :hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Sometimes it happens that you need to switch several times to make the Atlas work, sometimes exit to the sanctuary may helps.

Make sure that you use blank atlas. The Atlas becomes linked to the planet when you use it.

It usually works well, new regions are opened immediately, and you can also see how the number of resources changing after you have gathered them. (the “heat” map is changing)
You probably have already learned how to put resources in the Atlas and know that you can get them back using the “X” (drop) key

1 Like

Thanks. It kinda works better. I don’t get why it so empty though. Lol.

Regions will appear on the map as you explore and “activate” them. If you are looking for resource hotspots, you can buy a fully completed atlas for that planet, from another player.

1 Like

This has happened to me recently when I was trying to find resources on an Exo. My atlas would remain blank. Further into this, when I opened up the world’s tab, it would not display any info for the planet I was on. That’s when I knew it was locked up.

If anyone has an atlas that seems to be stuck, also check your world’s tab and resources in those world’s, if it’s blank, reboot.

1 Like