Atlas markers

I was wondering if perhaps in a future update we would be able to add markers on our atlases that can be toggled on and off. The idea is that when we find somewhere we would like to be able to remember the position of, such as compacted peat, places of outstanding natural beauty etc we can put a marker on the atlas that we can then colour code and add a little description. I know we can save the position in the locations tab but after a while that can just end up being a huge long list that only becomes practical if you return to Sanctum and portal to it.

9 Likes

I dismantle every meteorite I see so that I always carry warp blocks with me, that way I can plop two down and travel to (most) of my saved locations whenever I want (depending on how many Hops I’ve unlocked in the skill tree of course).
I love the idea of visual markers on the Altas. We could look at our Atals in hand and think… “That way”!

1 Like

Maybe saved locations could add to atlas as those drop-shaped markers automatically? Or better. Drag a location token to atlas to save location on it. Whenever you delete location from the list of places it’s also removed from atlas.

7 Likes

Don’t the blocks disappear after a while due to world regeneration?

I think he is saying he breaks meteorites to always have warp blocks in his inventory to be able to quickly put 2 together and warp without going to sanctum and so on.

BTW - I have plotted a small meteorite on Therka before they were withdrawn from starter worlds. I organized the space around in a style of a small research site. Is it the only remnant of the past when meteorites hit the starting planets?

5 Likes

Ah I see … i think I need to have another look at warp blocks as they are not something I really use, although I do collect some every time I find a dormant meteor. A much under used asset in my case.

2 Likes

Good bit of foresight on your part :grin: … you can advertise it as a tourist attraction

2 Likes

Lol maybe I should :sunglasses::open_mouth:

1 Like

Yes, She did suggest that :stuck_out_tongue: Hopping between distant planets (which Portals turn into a stroll) is impossible to do without unlocking the hops/blinksecs (there’s been a name change, hasn’t there?) in your skill tree. However, as long as you have a location saved for each planet (takes forward planning or buying Location Tokens) you can use freely mined warp conduits from randomly-regenerating dormant meteorites, plop them down in an unbeaconed area and stroll through to a new planet, repeated several times. Costs Coin every time, there has to be a money sink somewhere :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

I keep meaning to save locations on each planet but keep forgetting to do it … too busy rushing off to explore … then I need to get home and realise I’m miles away from any portals …and no saved locations to planet hop …Dogh!! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Perfectly Undestandable :smiley: I started using Warp Conduits (the black-blue ones) after the Devs had mentioned limiting the Sanctum access/ closing off the Sanctum and I thought I should use warp blocks like they’re intended. And they’re easy to collect now if you leave home without some (T2 and T3 planets of course, no meteorite fall on T1 starter worlds)! Also, once you discover (and save) a few mining hot spots it’s easy to jump to each for a mining spree!

2 Likes

the story of my life :joy:

2 Likes

It may very well be the last homeworld hit to remain… Nice monument!

Ps for the stingy traveler, a 1x1 warp block works as a great drop portal if you plop it above a 2+ high drop.
Just dig a 1x3 hole and you literally can’t miss it. I’d sometimes pre dig and arm a block before some hunting if my demise seems likely, then just run, bash and plop!

3 Likes