Atlas update

Does anyone know how often atlases update, is it after a specific period of time (in-game or real?), does the planet regen quicker than they update? Or is it every time we log into the game?

AFAIK. Atlases update every 24 hours and areas regenerate 8 hours after being last visited.

1 Like

yeah it’s 24 hours.
I think the LONGEST amount of time for them to update should be one hour.
Much less preferably, but 1 hour at the most.
or maybe even just do a resource check when you interact with it, with an anti-button-spam so it won’t check for 5 minutes or so once you click… then you can click again after 5 minutes to see another update on the hotspots.

1 Like

That would be quite demanding though, especially as the images for planets displayed in the sky and the images on atlases are the same.

Thanks, that explains why most of the hot spots I’ve mined from top to bottom turning the whole area into Swiss cheese has resulted in finding nothing (apart from other stuff that I wasn’t looking for)

I travel to hotspots far from hubs/settlements and circle any likely looking spots for ANY sign of player activity (lava bridges, trunkless trees, meteors not dropped on myself). Takes time but worth it to avoid dry mining.

2 Likes

Sounds like a good strategy …it’s a pity we have to go to those lengths though …I really had high hopes when they initially announced the introduction of the atlas but unfortunately they turn out to have pretty limited uses. Fine for finding easy to find stuff, which wasn’t too difficult without atlases anyway, but rather lackluster for when they are really needed. Still, I have to admit that they are better than nothing so I suppose I shouldn’t really grumble :neutral_face:

1 Like
2 Likes

Thanks … I agree that the more abundant resources don’t need to be real time, in fact none of them need to really be real time. But anything has to be better than 24 hours for the rarer items. A lot can happen in that time and at the moment items like amethyst for example are like chasing after ghosts. I have no idea how aggressive this trade off is with regards to bandwidth but even if we could update once an hour would be a massive improvement. …Do you know if they update at a specific time at the moment or is it just random?

1 Like

I think once they get the majority of release 1.0 stuff in game, they’ll look more closely at optimizing and fine tuning many game aspects, including things like the atlas.

2 Likes

We live in hope … In the meantime keep on grinding :crazy_face: :laughing:

1 Like