Atmospheric Food Protection

WARNING: wall of text!

Today, I was messing around with the elemental protection foods in anticipations of the exo worlds. I was under the impression that these protection foods would act the same way as the revive and rage/focus brews since these brew don’t overwrite active brews. The elemental foods however they do replace any active food buff so on a T8 world where its required to have the elemental protection pie, you cant have a shielding, invigorating or any other food buffs. A part of me thinks this could be juice/challenging but also it might be impossible since T8 mobs might be able to one shot you even if you manage to get your rage up (which is lower since no shielding buff).

Side note:
This is just an after thought that i’d like to know what others think. Should Protection Foods be an alternative to putting 15 points into the appropriate skills. Let me just say that I do not have any problems with how it is right now however like many things in boundless there is always an alternative way of doing or getting something so should we have the option to not spend those skill points and instead craft the appropriate food protection. I think most will prefers using the skills still because you don’t need to craft or use up ressources for a food that expires and occupy inventory space…thoughts?

Thank you!

I would prefer it, if they made it so that food buffs did not replace each other. However I don’t think that is going to happen, So it would be better if they made it so that the protection food item was treated differently and would not be replaced by another buff or replaces another buff

1 Like

Not too sure about that. A while back, i believe Ross had some sort of idea for the food buffs so you never know. I agree that those elemental protection buffs should noy replace other buffs like those three brews.
Edit; [Suggestion] Better Food

I think when they release tier 8 worlds they could rebalance the protection points stat.

1 point: T4
2 points: T5
3 points: T6
4 points: T7
5 points: T8

Then fix the foods to be +1, +3, +5 protection. Simpler to remember

2 Likes

The sane thing to do would be to supplement the food protection with clothing protection (environment suits). Pants of Potent Protection. Toxic Trousers. Shimmering Shock Slacks. Blast Busting Breastplates. You get the picture. After all, you can wear clothes, eat pie, and drink a brew all at the same time although in real life I may found doing only 2 out of 3 most days.

1 Like

Protection foods should be separate. It’s just going to clash with the need for other protection on higher tier worlds, especially if protection points no longer solve the whole issue.

1 Like

Protection foods shouldn’t be required to visit anywhere in the game. Too many annoying edge cases where it expires and strands you. Basically a coin gate on visiting areas. Who would build a home there? Who would hunt meteors? You need to rez and eat a food to stay in the action. Doesn’t work.

I personally think they are more a liability than a buff and not worth the trouble of keeping them as is. Protection skills should be all you need.

The food effect should be changed to protect you from the elemental debuffs on the planet. That way they have battle value and possibly become very important on the high tier elemental worlds.

2 Likes

I would hunter there :smile:. Also there is already elemental foods that protect you from debuffs. As for being stranded, its no longer an issue since you can warp home for free. I personally wouldnt mind having to use foods for atmospheric protection and use the extra skills points for attributes and whatnot.