Back to needing hopper cores, goat horns and spitter and hopper eyes

I need them again, use them up fast in my forging. Hopper cores are the ones I need the most. Went hunting yesterday and even though I was on a level 6 planets and killed quite a few hoppers and mighty goats, I got only one core and horn. Just have bad luck in getting them I guess.

What I have to trade are pies (teaching and persisting) some copper bars. Also have shadow orbs if someone needs some of those.

1 Like

Would recommend attending either Jacey’s midday hunt or the Sasquatch hunt at 8:30pm est if you can; meteors are much easier in groups and can spawn mighty/elite enemies on t4 planets if enough people show. Much easier way to get those trophies :slight_smile:

That aside, we do have some of those spare over at ADULT HQ on Alder. If you stop by, someone should be able to hook you up.

Any luck finding cores?

Do you know what level of planets they hunt on? Will admit that I’m not that great with the grapple and she isn’t the fastest runner, sacrificed speed for protection from the critters for gathering.

not sure, had someone send me a PM, need to get back with them on the trade.

Mostly on tier 4. Occasionally on tier 6. It’s a great way to get those animal trophies.

They happen on tier 4 usually, on either delta cancret(volatile) or circapous (caustic). You only need one point in either protection to join.

For the most part you dont need to be fast either, it’s done with ayalla’s speed hunter system; everyone groups up and warps to a platform near the edge of a region then waits for the signal to pass through. One skydive later and we do a dash to the meteor this spawns, clear it and rinse-repeat. Plenty of folk being healing bombs and revive augments too.

Thanks for the info. I went to the hunt, saw the platform, saw the very long drop and turned tail and went home LOL. I don’t like heights.

If I know where the location is on the ground (I think you all jump to the ground?) I can just be there waiting for you. But if you get on platforms for each meteorite hunt, i will have to pass, I like to have firm ground under me, not empty air.

I’m at level 50, and have started on my second page, have good armor and weapons, just made myself a fairly nice forged gold fist and forged a titanium slingbow, so equipped fine; and have hunted on Delta C a lot so don’t have any trouble with it.

I can handle a level 1 meteorite on my own, and sometimes a level two, but higher, nope, I run for the hills. On a level 5 planet I don’t even attempt to take on a level 1, I just run.

As I stated, if you have to jump from a platform for each meteorite, I will pass, I don’t want you to have to go to trouble fixing it so I can join in.

You can probably just grapple the platform and reel down max length, then use a second grapple in your other hand to grapple the ground if it isn’t a body of water.

I get the unplayable connection warning often on these hunts and use this technique from time to time to avoid plunging to my death :grin:

Getting back on topic, I will be trading for some cores and horns, but will need more soon. I use the boon removal solvent and so the goat horns are something that I need. I have used the vigor catalyst a little, but not much but they seem to go quick.
The bitter beans are the hardest to get and I can go through those quick, but I have found a place where I can get a few more closer together.

But, I also sell some of the mats for coins to buy what I can’t trade for. So, it helps me to get the mats I need to use, to sell and the other player is getting in this trade teaching and persisting pies.

Anyone else have horns, cores, or even spitter eyes they want to trade? I will have more pies in another day if you want teaching and persisting pies.

If you dont mind paying 100c per meteor you could always warp to someone after they’ve taken the jump down. The loot you get from each meteor will pretty much pay for itself. I’m sure someone wouldnt mind shooting you a quick message to say it’s clear to warp to them.

Just trying to think of ways to help you out, the drops from up high in this game definitely give me a feeling in my stomach but I love that stuff, so I can understand people not liking it if they don’t like heights irl.

I don’t, when around 3 years old going down the old iron steps that had the open space, I slipped and would have fallen two stories and landed on cement steps if my older brother hadn’t been under the stairs and saw me slipping and dashed to catch me.

I can still remember looking down and see that deep dark pit with the cement steps I would have landed on, and being terrified. After that we no longer had to use the emergency stairs to go up and down to get out of the apartment we lived in.
It was on top (second floor) of a business and so it was preferred that we not block the customers who would be going in and out of the main door.

The group that hunt from Sasquatchville offered to do that, but I hated to put them out. There are other hunts that I hope don’t jump off platforms and I can join in.

If you have a friend present, you could warp to them once they reach the meteor! My friend does this because he’s slower than most of us, so I just tell him that I’m at the meteor and he warps to me.