Background Noises on Finata

Hi,

anyone else finding these background tweeting and squeaking noises on Finata nerve wrecking?

I really don’t mind ambient sounds (rather the opposite, I love them!) but on Finata I currently have the problem that when being above ground there is some sort of a bird tweeting that goes like:

“tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break “tweet” 1 sec break [and so on]

And every other 5 secs or so, there is a proper bird song (I’d say about 5 notes?)

This is seriously driving me mad, to the point I have almost switched off the sound. This is not ambient sound, that’s torture.

I have to admit, I having a hearing disability anyway and might react a bit more to repeating (and distorting) noises, but I have never had anything so (sorry!) BLOODY ANNOYING in a game.

If any of the devs look at this post, please can you make the sounds more random? I find this a nightmare!

Philippe

1 Like

I was going to make a post about the exact opposite really… I love the new ambient sounds.

They do differ per area/biome I think, and per planet, so moving around may help

1 Like

should be able to toggle though imho… some abience can drive you insne!

1 Like

Anyone else hearing meteors on Finata?

@Veitsi Not seen one meteor whatsoever on Finata. I think you’ll have to go one tier up for those.

@willcrutchley Even if it’s per biome, it still needs to be fixed in the one I am in then. :wink: Seriously, spend about an hour there, you’ll go bonkers!

That’s the point, there are no meteors on Finata but i’ve been hearing the noise for them every time i visit

I heard them meteors too. Strangely enough I only started to notice this after I read your post. :joy:

Oh! Sorry, brain is slow. :smiley:

I didn’t hear any meteors.

I’m gonna semi-necro this instead of making a brand-new thread because JESUS CHRIST I HAVE TO MUTE THE GAME EVERY TIME THAT BIRD POPS UP.

Please for the love of god devs either kill the bird, turn it WAY down, or let us turn down the background noise seperate from SFX, being unable to hear anything because I don’t want to listen to “CHEEP CHEEP-CHEEP” for 10 minutes in a row is a little excessive.

1 Like

Or just kill whatever makes that noise. (I think it’s spitters)

Spoiler: It isn’t. It’s a background sound that plays at random on at least some of the peaceful planets(Alder is the one I’m on, it seems to be totally random cuz I can go an hour without hearing it then suddenly “TWEET TWEET-TWEET” and I have to rush to my audio settings.

Turning/moving doesn’t change it, it’s just there. Spitters make distinctly not that sound, and the only other thing on Alder is wildstock.

1 Like

Huh. I have problems with my sound levels as well, but in another way entirely, in that the music is always really really quiet in comparison to everything else.

And I haven’t noticed the tweety birds, but I haven’t spent much time on level 1 planets either, so if it’s localized to those, I wouldn’t :slight_smile:

I would just like to hear some ingame ambient music. Everytime there is music it scares the beejeezus outta me,