Backwards crafting

I think it would be pretty cool if there was a machine you can uncraft items in. Say I don’t want deco blocks and I want to return it back to stones. Maybe make it to where you’ll get half the resources back besides the spark. Or like when you craft an item with an higher ingredient and a patch comes out reducing what’s required being able to get that back. Just an idea

5 Likes

Maybe a Recycler machine, like the Chrysominter, which gives back 75% of the base mats used instead of coins?

4 Likes

Would it only work for those items where the base material can be defined? Like you wouldn’t get forge materials back from a tool, or fossils from essence?

1 Like

Yes save the world and convert all the oort blocks back to OORT!!!

4 Likes

75% sounds too high when mass crafting cost is 72% :smiley:

1 Like

There have been a few threads with suggestions about this… I just don’t know if it really is in the works.

3 Likes

I would love this!

1 Like

So if you got xp from doing the crafting should you loose the xp when you uncraft? Even if there is a reduction in the return of the items, will players use this with common items like refined stone to basically craft and uncraft bulks of rock in order to gain xp?

3 Likes

Or just give them to me :wink:

1 Like

The assumption in the last thread was that NO XP would be given for this deconstruction process and that a small amount of resources would be lost. That was it is a negative feedback loop in the long run.

I would vote for this. No xp and a 65 percent return in mats.

1 Like

I was actually not clear in what I was trying to communicate. What I meant was craft, uncraft and craft again. Even with a reduction in the resources returned, for a common item like rock you could just do this for a while to build xp.

2 Likes

This is the same question i always ask when this comes up, and everybody always conveniently ignores it ><

It gets worse than that too. You wouldn’t be able to do this with ANY recipe containing any type of: wood, rock, gravel, gleam, etc.

You also can’t so this with any recipe that says “any base metal/alloy”.

Any recipe with variable input materials/colors, you wouldn’t be able to use this with.

2 Likes

If they remove crafting xp, I could see something like this working. However, going from 10 to 15 levels an hour gain by farming gleam and refining would probably break the game.

Very good point.

This would be a mess. 90% of the time it would be used for crafting rocks all the way to deco for xp then getting base mats back and doing it again. Never gonna happen.

1 Like

I agree but this is why the limit returned would be in place. Even as low as 50 percent. Realistically with that do you think that would be a good way to level. There are many ways to level now that almost seems like taking advantage of things that cannot be stopped. Also it’s easy to level in general once you have that information. It’s not hard.