Basic building blocks with little texture

I tried to find a previous suggestion for this but couldn’t find one.

As a builder, I find that blocks with textures are great and all, but sometimes I would prefer to have a block that has very little texture. Such blocks can be very flexible. For example, take the hardened clay and quartz blocks from Minecraft. Siimple design, yet highly flexible.

My suggestion is to eventually add such basic blocks to the game (perhaps with a slight shine even?). Perhaps they could be labelled as plastic blocks or marble blocks or something of that nature. I think these blocks would add a much appreciated contrast to the existing textured blocks in the game.

6 Likes

Sure, that would be great. There are some materials which do not have visible borders, like rock, ice, machined metal etc. But I would like to have a smooth metal block that do not have borders so I can make iron I-beams for example. It looks weird with blocks, and machined metal does not look right either.

3 Likes

I sure sedimentry or metamorphic rock blocks oriented horizontaly will be fine enough.

I’ve used those blocks and, while they help, they are still limited in their use I’ve found.

3 Likes

YES! we need more blocks without borders.
i almost never build with a 1x1 feature block.
connected textures always look better!

5 Likes

Have you tried sand? I use red sand a lot as cloth replacement, for carpets, seats, etc.

6 Likes

Came here to say sand as well, I love sand!

2 Likes

Many more colors of sand are coming too… also, maybe there could be a refined version that wouldn’t subtract from prestige, that or scrap the natural block penalty… 0 to 1 would be fine wouldn’t it?

4 Likes

I actually haven’t tried sand yet! will though.

Still would be nice to maybe have a shinier block but that’s more for personal taste as my build in 1.0 is going to be more modern of a feel, so a shameless selfish plug there on my part. :wink:

Yeah i really love building with the blocks that we have that are borderless and would love to see somemore :laughing: