Beacon expiration (incidentally a way to unplot all plots in one go was also found and fixed in 16/10/2018 patch :) )

That looks like a bug. Best to have a dev look at it.

@james @luke-turbulenz @Steggs101

Do you have gleam club that is about to expire? That could bewhy it still says fueled.

I’m having this same problem with beacons in general the tab is heavily bugged for instance your can’t remove beacons that have expired or your removed from the world… you can’t tag them as bugged like you can do for some beacons… and it seems like my beacons are getting 3 or for different timers… do I start a time by adding g a beacon to my list that differs from the actual beacon fuel timer… and why if I ha e gleam club can I not add fuel so that way i had a couple hours or weeks when it does expire to prep and go to all the locations… please @james @Steggs101 take a look at this please… get a couple people together beacon up some areas everyone get permissions from each other, add all the beacons to everyones lists, then break the beacons and the beacons tab…
Ps fix the prestige change counter issue in the worlds and settlement resources tab

1 Like

I have gleam club, but I don’t know where to find info for how much longer, but that does not mean that either way this UI panel is buggy as hell :wink:

You’re right that it’s weird. To see your gleam club remaining, press esc (if on PC) and click on the shop button. Then the second tab will say when yours expires.

1 Like

A fix for the not being able to remove the expired beacons is in the next patch, which should be out sometime this week. Not sure about the other problems.

My beacon got fried by a power coil and I lost all my plots. I replaced it and it still is not right. I get the “Your Beacon has expired” everytime I log in this char. Also the beacon is no longer part of settlement HELP.Beacons Coords -1188N 642E Maryx. I put a in game ticket in a week ago and heard nothing I’m on PS4 also.

Maybe I should explain EXACTLY what happened. I had just bought a new Power coil it was late and I realized I was going to need to remove my machine because I was not going to remove all those plots. So I put the power coil on the other side of the beacon so the beacon was sandwiched in the middle. It worked and I logged out. Next morning Beacon is floating and spinning like when you drop something and all my plots no longer exist.I’m like OMG! all my stuff is going to decay but I see in my INV I still have my plots like I never placed them. So now the beacon is bugged.

1 Like

Power coils destroy any block between them and the machine they power. Put down a new beacon and place down the plots again. Be careful and don’t place yourself between power coils…you will get damaged.

@Jiivita has a great coil overview video. It’s fron EA, but the mechanics are still the same in terms of placement and such.

1 Like

I did replace it it is bugged

I’ll test it in free time, when I’m back in my castle, but it looks like a hilarious bug :smiley:

Considering the game won’t let the player destroy a beacon without first removing all connecting plots, power coils probably shouldn’t be able to destroy them either. Should just block the power from being received in that case.

1 Like

THIS! Spot on!

Actually this makes me wonder…has anyone ever tried blowing up a master beacon with a bomb, or punching it with an iron fist? Those should also prevent the damage, I would hope…

Fist do not work, I checked.

Also when beacon get’s removed. and float over ground as any other block, the terrain becomes unplotted (all at once), and plots get back to your plot pool.

It’s actually the easiest way to unplot huge plotted area at once :slight_smile:

1 Like

How? You can’t destroy a master beacon, no?

You can with a power coil beam :slight_smile:

Nice, it should be fixed tho. The only one who should be able to interact with a master beacon is the owner.

I agree, it’s a bug. I’ll test later If having builder permission on someone else plot will let me unplot it all :slight_smile: If it does… it’s game breaking bug :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hell yes. Thanks for the tip.

Yeah, that would be a pretty bad exploit. I can imagine someone getting contracted to build something on prime real estate and then using this to steal the land. Would definitely be against the CoC, but still