Beacon influence over gem spawn?

So i had this doubt for a while now, lets say i put a beacon near where gems usually spawn (which I did) in hope that if i come back often and mine stones and metals, world regen would put gems back eventually, but since the first time I did I haven’t found any gems again. Do beacons nearby gem areas affect the spawn of gems? I know inside the beacon There will be nothing but all around it seems to be sadly gem empty.

The resource regeneration seems to attempt to balance itself actively based on the frequency certain things are mined. If, for example, players are mining an abundance of gems, the game will seed fewer gems back into the world than was gathered. If players are not finding enough gems, it will seed more gems back into the world. This helps prevent resources from becoming either over abundant or too rare. The best way to maximize your mining is to explore many regions frequently. Return to your own mine after exhausting another mine some place else.

4 Likes

I had no idea the resource regen was so smart haha, well I gues I should change the way I intended to mine. Thank you very much @Havok40k :smiley:

2 Likes

As long as the gems are outside of your plot area, the rock itself will respawn, but the gem resource may not. It’s all re-randomized.

1 Like

My locations menu is full of ‘Cave’, ‘Caves’, ‘Deep Caves’, ‘Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaves’ as markers that I can warp to, rather than beacons laying about using my precious plots :smiley:

4 Likes