Beacons force expired with Gleam Club still active by an Admin

We might not have or get a reason as in why… the beacon was obviously reported but i have to wonder are there any considerations that are made when a beacon is removed.

Just asking because i for one can plot something and apparently forget about it.
About 200-300 plots 6 months ago.
Or have plotted something because of resource or view (claim water next to bridge or claim terrain to keep resources available).

So i do have to ask at dev team do you guys investigate for example the terrain or other builds of the same player before you consider removing a beacon.

1 Like

I have random plots around circa from an old failed project. They are all but forgotten burning there. Shout if im in the way.

The 1 road plot on Phem must stay. It is where I landed and brings back good memories.

2 Likes

If some one comes across my plots and needs space let me know to and ill see what i can do^^

1 Like

I offered my services as well so therein lies the problem.

Look we all have had these problems I have had multiple issues where someone would throw down a beacon or park right by my plots. First you try to get hold of them if that doesnt work the only recourse is plot vs plot scenario. inevitably the person trolling you has a plot or build they cherish. But thats it this is where you need GM to handle because ive seen it time n time again where the aggressor plays victim once you retaliate and the one who retaliates often times gets the deletion. I just want the rules followed and clear. If someone can park plots up my area I wanna be able to do the same to his its the only recourse as a player you have. Ive done the report to Dev thing didnt work for me. Which brings me to another problem certain folks get to do whatever, maybe they spend more money or just favoritism I dont know but as I said before theres a certain hierarchy for sure.

3 Likes

Imagine how annoying it would be if someone fell out with you and because your shop was in their market they complained to the devs about blackmailing and ransoming when you offer to sell it back to them. Then because of that a dev deleted your shops and just popped all your belongings in heap of storage boxes inside your home beacon.

No attention paid to the forum mp’s or game chat of me offering sale, no contact/discussion/mediation or even a you have ex hours/days to move it. Nope, just deleted. All the future ff and sales gone in an instant. Worse still it was just before marble changes so I was left with a huge pile of items worth 60% less a week or so later…ahhhhhh good times.

Not bitter obviously.

2 Likes

@james, occasionally I like to explore and there’s been a few times I’ve found a spot that I’ve liked the look of or perhaps even some resources I might want to come back and farm. If I put a beacon down and some plots to reserve that space with plots I have either earnt or actually paid money for how long do we have before we have to build something? The only way I can plot an area is if it is free, not plotted or beaconed therefore available so unless not actively trolling or surrounding someone what other criteria do we have to meet to be able to keep those plots (beacons)?

Edit: by criteria I mean do we have to build within a certain time frame, visit beacon x amount of times etc

1 Like

I almost fell over when I read all this. I’d say over 50% of the people in here know EXACTLY who personally attacked you via a report to the Devs…he goes crying to them CONSTANTLY. The fact that they acted on such a complaint is eye-popping to say the least.

VERY discouraging.

3 Likes

Every major Player in the Game asked for all of GRONGASH beacons to be removed in all major cities. all Empty plots all gleam club.
Hashlamash was begging in the forums for this
I personally pleaded with you @james for these plots to be removed in Duskmoor, and I got a firm no, not very ballanced

4 Likes

People i think it is time to cool down a bit for everyone here.
We do not know, why these plots was removed.
Just speculating about a reason we don’t know anything about, is not helpful at all.
James will clear the things with darkartz in PM.
And i am not sure, if the reason should be really public.

But i am agreeing, everyone should know the rules.
And i am thinking we already have rules.
If you think it is not clear enough, take the rules, read them and point out, which part should get written more clear.

8 Likes

Rules are clear just not enforced evenly.

2 Likes

Obviously :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I started a thread to this effect once and a poorly worded title caused me to get flamed into the dirt by people thinking i wanted a way to take someone else’s plots.

If I was trolling I would probably ‘take my medicine’ but I’m the type to admit when I’ve been a ■■■■. Just logging in with no contact or context and finding my paid for beacons deleted with no explanation would send me THROUGH THE ROOF.

Not making any judgement here as 99.99% of the time it seems these sort of posts are missing (leaving out) some relevant info.

I personally feel that if an infraction of some kind has been committed that is severe enough for the devs to forcibly take plots, there should be no problem with them clarifying the issue. Then again I don’t see anything wrong with naming out scammers, extortionists, etc… so take that for what it’s worth.

3 Likes

I would have a panic attack if I suddenly find some of my plots gone with no warning beforehand.

I didn’t know beacons were removed by admins following reports (and I have been unjustly banned by vindictive players in the past in other games over unknown rules).

Is ‘inactivity’ the deciding factor for removal? With the pace of my projects often misjudged by others as “not active”, some of my areas might be misjudged as such, when activity is subject to opinion, opinions of my activity are often misjudged as inactive.

How can I avoid having my beacon deleted by an admin? I want to know the rules on this. What rule did the OP break? I want to make sure I dont break that rule.

3 Likes

ALL of this minus Kralith.

Anyone else saying “trust the devs”…that works until it is you, then I bet you’d lose your everloving mind

2 Likes

Edit: Long story short, yeah, I have lost a lot more than just something I built in a game.

It hurts to lose stuff I wanted to keep.

I want to obey. I dont want to lose what I spent my time on.
But I cant obey if I’m unaware of the rule that decides why a beacon has to be forcibly removed.

2 Likes

At the end of the day, this statement says it all, right or wrong… “We reserve the right to delete any in game content without notice.

10 Likes

For legal purposes, yes that is correct, however when it comes to the Bottom Line, it can be unhealthy for them to do such things willy nilly, which is why it is in the best interest of the bottom line and player Retention, for them to explain the situation to the involved parties, and at some point find a way to give notice of such things.

At the end of the day, yes they have the legal right to do whatever they want, and sink their ship in the process if they take it too far.

2 Likes

Yes, I was not commenting on the situation itself, as I am just a bystander… and explanations are always good, just not required… especially if I am not one of the parties involved in the situation.

2 Likes

Really, someone’s gonna bring out the “…we reserve the right…”? Really?

What a lovely aura this pathetic trash fire is irradiating. Really. :fire:

3 Likes