Beacon's Out of Sync with GC

@vdragon I’ve noticed an intermittent issue where I get warnings that beacons are close to expiring but nothing is showing marked on my list. Added to that, yesterday I had a case were some warned and were actually marked. When I went to them I could see they were getting low and needed fuel. Except I have GleamClub and they should not have been low because GC should have replaced the time.

I did try to fuel one to see what happened and the warning went away but it never synced up with the time I had in GC and stayed different. This morning I logged in and noticed that two beacons were out of sync time wise that should not have been at all because they were created a long time ago (during GC timers) and I have had GC for 6 months almost now.

I am not sure what is happening but figured I would raise an issue. In these cases I know that the time difference is not because I added more fuel and am close to GC being over. I am most concerned about the false warnings and how some beacons were not linking into GC and others that were.

Here is a screen shot of two beacons that should be in sync time wise (notice minute differences):

Here are the two other beacons that I noticed that were not synced initially and refused to be that I had to add fuel to. They are synced now a day later (well 2 hours more because I think the fuel pushed over since I an under 4 weeks with GC):

1. Trung, 824N 1303E Alt: 23
  2. Kada I, -1072N -1385E Alt: 73.

Have you checked your guild books to see if aligned beacons may be expiring? If you’re a director you should be able to see fuel durations. I’m not sure if it’s related or not, yet

1 Like

Pretty sure this is the same thing that’s occurred since I started at least. They always correct but it gives a good scare. I had it happen last month when I resubbed my gc

It’s warning you about guild aligned / controlled beacon. The message is just unhelpful.

The difference in time is likely because even when you have GC you can still fuel a beacon.

If you have GC for 1 week, you can fuel 2 beacons for 2 months and the fueling time difference would be presented as the time difference.

It does seem weird to fuel a beacon when you have GC. But you do need a way to get out of GC buy fueling. But it could be clearer.

I’m moving this to Support. @vdragon issues are:

1. Beacon expiration message for Guild Controlled beacons should be explicit about which beacon is expiring.

2. Beacon fuel duration should be clear about duration via Gleam Club vs Fuel.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed some of my beacons have different times remaining as well. And I have gleam club.

1 Like

Thanks James for some of the clarification and moving it to the right area. Sorry I missed that.

For the two I showed though there were created when I had GC already so I would assume the times still would match. As an example: I have 15 weeks of GC when these two beacons were created. So even if I added fuel to create them it still would have only been a 4 week max.

This puts it under what GC is at. So shouldn’t the time match? OR is it because GC is finally under the 4 week amount that the original fuel I put in is now starting to take effect and is what is causing that difference?

Your Gleam Club duration is listed on the Gleam Club Shop tab. (It should likely be presented on the Beacon as well.)

I suspect your GC is now less than the fuel in these beacons.
If your GC is greater then something isn’t being presented correctly.

1 Like

Yes actually GC is technically out. I see a “-” for Gleam club under my character details and nothing when I go to the shop tab. It might be nice to have it say “no gleam club” or something instead of just a literal dash.

So that would make sense why all of a sudden I had beacons that would not link up to GC and their time was low and requiring fuel. Basically because finally the actual “fuel” that was present before GC was finally being used. That would also explain why I am seeing more hours on some beacons versus others.

So it looks like the two points you made to @vdragon were what should be used for this support ticket.

I would also give a VERY big suggestion @James to please have you all give us a clear warning when our Gleam Club expired. I had no way of knowing that it happened. I don’t really expect a count down but at least a message to say you no longer have it would be nice.

I have gleam club too.My beacons have different times on when they will expire because of when i placed my beacons but in my opinion it would make sense to have all my beacons zinced reading same expiry time and also my alt character the same to.As im paying for g club every month i would expect all my beacons under my one 'account to zinc together so i dont need to go add extra fuel on a few that would expire bit earlier.However its how the beacons work now but im hoping that it gets changed in the future.Other day i had to add fuel on about 4 beacons so they dont expire.Pain having to run across different beacons to boost fuel when im gleam club member.Apart from this miner issue this game is a ray of sunshine .:slight_smile:

If you have GC the beacons won’t expire. When the fuel you put in the beacon is about to expire you will get a warning of low beacon fuel but it will make the switch to the GC fuel once the fuel you placed in it expires and you’ll never get a warning again on that beacon as long as you have GC.

To keep your timers only showing GC fuel time and not get messages about the fuel you placed in the beacon is to place a campfire down first then the beacon. You won’t have to fuel up he beacon at all and you’ll be able to break the campfire right after.(source myself as that’s what I did while playing and I have GC till late next year)

1 Like

@vdragon did these get added to the feature database or something so we could maybe get it in the game within an upcoming patch?

They were added to the database.