Beacons say they're removed from world

Hi. Many of my beacons say they’ve been removed from the world. I know they’re not, because the land hasn’t been regenerating. This started when I got gleem club. Does anybody know what’s happening or how I can stop this?

1 Like

Long standing bug with gleam club

Don’t Panic™️

1 Like

Thanks for the reassurance.

I don’t believe there are any long standing bugs with Gleam Club.

Are you sure these aren’t beacons that expired historically?
If you expand the beacons in the PLACES GUI, the details should updated. What happens when you expand each “expired” beacon.

2 Likes

It’s strange. I attempted to do what you asked, and upon adding a beacon to my list that said it was unfueled it now says it’s fueled. Problem resolved. Thanks!:grin:

1 Like

I never saw the expired beacon thing til the beacon reclaim update came out, maybe it was something with that?

1 Like

beacons (would have to look up exact date) which expired “a fair while ago” would show up as newly expired to the client as data-formats changed and we couldnt do a good migration of the data to avoid them showing up as false-positives.

(in the past it was impossible for a beacon not manually removed to ever “expire”, but reclaim changes this as when you explicitly reclaim a beacon it is forced to expire even if you do have gleam club. the beacon-data in the client explicitly is marked to now say “removed from world” or “expired/force-expired” but any beacons which were removed from the world or expired a long time before these changes now show up to the client as a beacon that must have expired recently as it wasnt marked as having already expired/been-removed a long time. It should be a one-time event, if you walk out of the sanctum the data will be updated and they wont show up warnings about expiring beacons a second time)

3 Likes

We’ve been having the same problems in Hydronia on Beckon, I usually throw a beacon fuel in and the message stops. Also the beacons operate normally even though it says it, it’s just the notification gets really annoying and it typically happens when a new update releases for me

1 Like

Also when you look at beacons (by walking up to them with a character) lots say expired, and some are smoking, even though I have 17 weeks of GC

I guess it’s a “feature”?

2 Likes

Since beacon reclaiming/compactness came out, I see this all the time on Gleam Club beacons in our guild book. It seems to be random which will be affected. It can happen to any beacon that is out of regular fuel and running on Gleam Club. The plots do not actually regen. Critical buildings in our city regularly claim they’ve been removed, they even display as unfueled when visited in person, despite being fully fueled by Gleam Club for many weeks yet.
They look like this in the guild beacon list:
Unfueled3
They display like this when visited:

after fueling it showed:
Unfueled2

4 Likes

Just noticed one of mine doing this last night. When i look at my beacon with an alt it says it has been removed but when i look at it with my main character its fine.

2 Likes

Yup I have exactly same as this since last update. On my character that owns the beacon it’s fine and normal. But if I switch To a different character it says the beacon has expired. I’m PS4 with around 30 weeks of GC left.

3 Likes

A bunch of the beacons on the ninja warrior course said the same last night.

1 Like

This still seems to be an issue.

I have one beacon for a guild member which is showing as “Unfuelled” or “Removed from World” both in the Guild Book and on the Beacon Control… yet the beacon is definitely still fuelled.

I also just added it to my personal beacon list (as it was not on there previously) and I can now see the Gleam Club details and correct fuel for that beacon.

3 Likes

This is for sure a thing! A good number of my beacons are doing this. The day unfueled And removed from world. I currently have 26 ish weeks of GC.

1 Like

Our guild just started a few weeks ago here and the guild book says this to almost all beacons except my main… seems to be an issue after compact/reclaim update

Only Time I see my Beacons Do that is when I’m on Boundless a Extended Amount of time lol

Beacons repeatedly show as expired, is that a known bug?

happened on other beacons before, gives me a shock every time :sweat_smile:

For the affected beacons, were they placed down ages ago, or were they placed down quite recently?

I have one that was doing this the past few days…it was the newer beacon I placed that I had a reclaim issue with.