Beginners Hunts - Nobody left behind pace

Prior to 1972, this time was called Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) but is now referred to as Coordinated Universal Time or Universal Time Coordinated (UTC).

UTC and GMT are the same time. We basically see/hear GMT a lot for the same reason as we have words like “inches” :rofl:

i can host twice a week but about 11:pm EST or 1-2 hours earlier

Is it?! Because google is saying UTC is 1 hour behind right now. Daylight savings and all that.

1 Like

UTC doesn’t take into consideration daylight savings. I think you’re correct @Bethlehem. I might be wrong.

1 Like

I think so.

1 Like

For what time zone?

I don’t use Daylight Savings time at all here.

Neither GMT nor UTC is a time zone.

EDIT: To be clear, I live in a state in the US in the Mountain Time Zone, or UTC/GMT -7.

Due to the state I live in (arizona) we’re currently observing MST, whicle the rest of the mountain time zone for the most part is observing MDT.

It’s not important for the most part but it can get confusing and since I’m in the minority it’s often brought to my attention that people say “MST” for the time it currently is in their area even when that may actually be “MDT”.

What do you call Londons time zone?

I live in England and I was always led to believe my time zone in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)

2 Likes

Thats a good time. How about you lead a hunt next Friday at 10pm EST? Most other days are filled for this week, but i imagine leaders will fluctuate.

be sure to have a filler in case i don’t make it. i probably will but stuff can come up and i can’t. i also have no atlas filled for t2+ planets so i’ll go blindly around. this’s my first hunt job and i’m excited!

Can we all just agree that time is dumb and too over complicated? :thinking:

1 Like

what’s time anyways? (it might be a 4th dimension that always moves foward)

1 Like

If you have to cancel I’d possibly be able to lead one a little later that night instead

i’ll tell if i have to. how it’s looking i’ll probably be able to

Ok so you’re currently in BST which is UTC/GMT + 1

To be fair looking at several places it seems that those living in GMT do use that as the name of their time zone under UTC when it’s not on daylight savings time.

“GMT” doesn’t change though, they switch from GMT to BST in the UK, It would take more research to determine if all the countries in the time zone call it BST.

So apparently GMT IS the name of a time zone now under UTC, but it’s still always the same time, UTC +0.

Sorry I know it’s pedantic, I’m getting deeper into it than most people ever care about but it’s me, not you :rofl:

1 Like

Would expect nothing less from you @Nightstar :+1:

1 Like

Hahahaha

Take a break, man.

So… GMT then? Haha

1 Like

Greenwich Mean Time has always been what I’ve known. UTC just makes it easier globally.

1 Like

Had to write it out because autocorrect kept messing with me - NO I DO NOT WANT TO WRITE GIT!

1 Like