Being able to craft a book to write things in

This would be very handy when walking around through various portals and spotting interesting request baskets or planest, structures etc. You can easily write down how to get there and what it is and then drop it in a chest somwhere if you don’t need it. Or just simply a to-do list.

This would keep my desk clear of annoying little papers and my computer’s desktop clear of annoying random text files.

7 Likes

Even a little notepad in the chat interface.

:+1:

More decor is better, ofc.

2 Likes

really, i really want to be able to mske notes ingame, my desk literally look like this with all my notes about portals, shops, available colors at sovs, what color and where i can farm trunks, gleam, rocks and other kind of blocks in particular color

3 Likes

Like a visitor book - that would be cool :ok_hand:t3:

3 Likes

Have y’all heard of Google Docs

1 Like

I don’t want them on my PC, they clutter my desktop, too. I’d like to keep it asll in-game.

1 Like

i think this is a great idea actually—the game is invested in embodying system functions in items (think atlases), being able to craft books and edit/copy/name them could be lots of fun, useful, and open up new ways of play (think mazes with clues), as well as book case as storage.

—Daax

2 Likes

Pssst … @Zjawcia White board. And write small grins

Allowing guests to write on specific signs would be cool.

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted an in-game HUD of sorts where I could keep a list of things, to-do lists, a guestbook, and – in my wildest dreams – the ability to search my storage chests not in reclaim. It would be cute if it was visualized through some in-game machine we could craft and change the look of.

3 Likes

Well if it’s just so you remember the location. You can always make a location token and name it whatever you like. And put that in a storage. :man_shrugging: Sure it’s not a book but literally does the same thing.

2 Likes

but it has limited length

1 Like

I’d love to be able to write and trade/sell books in game.

Could write some.poetry books and sell them! 100% support this idea, I’d even be willing to pay cubits per book to make it happen :wink:

3 Likes

Oh! I would love to have a library of books written by other Boundless players. It would go well with my daydream of being able to curl my character up on a couch and read while watching the rains of Storis :slight_smile:

3 Likes