European Farming Club

The Bark farm has nice, big trees. Fully protected from spitters and cuttletrunks.

10 Likes

Footfall traps can be so creative!

Capitalism in a nutshell. See a void, fill the void. Profit.

4 Likes

he build something that is useful, i.e. farming without getting attacked, you don’t want to use it, don’t use it.

If you don’t use it, no footfall.

3 Likes

Huh? I love these things. I have built them myself. I literally said how creative they were? I guess I should have said what I thought was creative? Using the windows is so much better than the ones who use solid blocks making it feel like you’re in an indoor farm.

It’s also a very capitalistic idea. I think it’s very creative to see that desire for a bark farm, and to generate a footfall trap out of it for themselves. It’s very smart.

Why did you think I was being negative?

3 Likes

Sorry, if i read your post the wrong way.

The term footfall trap just has negative connotation for me, hence I read the rest of your post as really sarcastic.

My bad, all good.

5 Likes

Casual use of terms like “footfall trap” which carry well understood negative connotations?

Really gives the entire post a bitter, sarcastic tone.

EDIT: lol ask and ye shall be answered apparently

1 Like

No, people who are defensive of their footfall traps created that term to shame obvious traps. They are what they are. Fantastic buildings are footfall traps as well, they encourage thousands to come from a ways off and look around them, and then take elevator portals to continue to look around (a lot of times those plots are owned by different characters but the build was done by one insidivudal). It’s why you see so many beacons thoughout some of those builds.

Footfall traps arent bad at all. Don’t let people make you think they are. A lot of them serve a purpose to the public.

Edit: hope your bark farm gets more publicity @scrufola. And people drop those bark prices :nerd_face:

First I would like to thank all players who make these farms to make players like myself life easier… and the footfall “traps” 99.9% of the coin generated usually goes into buying shards to keep the portals up… :slight_smile:

keep up the great work farm builders!!

1 Like

If it serves a purpose to the public, It’s a useful build.

A portal with a sign that says free loot and leads to a glass maze is a footfall trap.

1 Like

I see what you’re saying, however the way I see it that is just semantics. They both built something with the intent of you setting foot on their plots to generate income. One did it in a slick way (the way you mention) and the other does it in a way to benefit the public in some way, while still others do it the way I describe further up and still others do it other ways.

All with the intent of generating income.

Footfall traps aside, I’m very hopeful the bark continues to drop with more of these enclosures. These things are a great way for the new players to harvest safely and earn some coin while generating the farm owners coin as well.

Perhaps there should be a farm location post and maintained for events especially like this weekend.

Ah, so you knew exactly what you were doing.

lol the ol’ “y u mad bro?”

Probably not if the community tone is to jump all over them the minute they’re announced and declare them footfall traps.

You should lead with this.

??? Well clearly you’d like to argue with a brick wall, so I’m going to let you continue with that. Nothing I said was meant to be argumentative.

There’s nothing wrong with footfall traps. You’re just choosing to make certain ones negative and other ones positive.

The players making these farms deserve to be rewarded. Enjoy your footfall. Thanks for another safe farm.

1 Like

You did literally ask. If you’ve been sufficiently answered then yeah we’re done. :tada:

When is a trap ever a good thing is my only question

This is a trap. Be wary.

1 Like

We’ve added a nice, little mud farm. Thanks to @Pfiffel we know that mud drops the same amount of Raw Waxy and Exotic Earthyam on level 5 and level 6 planets. Source

The advantage of a farm on a level 5 planet is that you only need 4000 damage to one hit the mud, which my miner easily does with a normal forged AE shovel. No longer do you need a strength brew but can instead use a speed brew without the shovel epic.

The farm has a 3x3 plot area which contains 1627 mud (94%), the remaining 101 blocks (6%) are silty soil, mostly at the edge.

The farm has a door. In the unlikely case that the regeneration bomb kicks you out you can easily get back in.

You can reach the farm from the Iconic Resource Besevrona hub.

6 Likes

Also new is our clay farm. On level 5 planets, clay drops 8,4% Raw Waxy Earthyam, the same amount of level 6 planets. Source

While it’s easier to farm Raw Waxy Earthyam with mud, there is hardly a reason if you need clay to farm it on anything below a level 5 planet. You need only 2800 damage to one hit clay on level 5 planets.

The farm contains 3x3 plots of pure clay, 1728 blocks. Nothing will stop your shovel from plowing through! :slight_smile:

The farm has a door. In the unlikely case that the regeneration bomb kicks you out you can easily get back in.

The farm can be reached from the Iconic Resource Besevrona hub.

4 Likes

Last but not least, the third new farm for today, our sand farm. Sand drops Cobalt Fragments starting with level 5 planets. The drop rate of Cobalt Fragment and Olivine Fragment is the same as on level 6 planets. Source

You need 2800 damage to one hit sand, which should even allow a miner to use a cheap shovel without a strength brew.

The farm contains 3x3 plots of pure sand, 1728 blocks.

The farm can be reached from the iconic Resource Besevrona hub.

3 Likes

Love the data driven process to build the perfect farm!

2 Likes