Best way to level up?

Hi everyone, I am still low level and it seems to take quite a while to gather XP to level. Is there a chart somewhere that tells us what actions give what amount of XP or are the higher level worlds better for grinding? My survivability is not the greatest yet. Any suggestions would be awesome :smiley:

I think the lack of inputs here just shows that the devs had made a nice and balanced XP distribution across all activities that there aren’t any obvious exploits to expedite leveling up. I guess you just gotta do your thing and level up accordingly. :slight_smile:

Some quick tips from me:

• Mining on easier world generally means gaining exp faster because they break faster but less good resources to mine. It’s a balance thing I considered when I pursued a dedicated miner character.
  • Fighting level 3 mobs seems to be the most efficient way of leveling up for me. 4s and 5s starts to be too tanky even with max power and gem level slingbow. You can’t just ignore them though for those sweet loots. hehe.
5 Likes

I’d say complete all the Objectives first, and when you are done with those, move to the Feats.

Select a few Feats that you can do or work towards (right click them to add to tracker). Complete one or more of those, and select some more. Lather,Rinse,Repeat.

The rewards on the first two tiers of the Feats arent super, but they get pretty nice after that.

After that, I think the thing is, you kind of have to stop worrying about leveling so much. It will happen even when you aren’t trying for it, and trying to press the leveling speed is just going to frustrate you, esp. past the 20s and 30s.

EDIT: as @Lawrey mentioned, fighting mobs has been the best xp for me also in the mid levels, and also the best rewards for time spent. There are two caveats of note though:

1. You have to be strong enough to handle the hunting of level 3+ mobs. Minimum of a decent slingbow (and the required mastery skill level for it), some cooked foods to heal with, at least 2-4 points in Vitality. I’d highly recommend some points in Power, whether you hunt or mine (since it effects both). I’d even recommend maxing Power when you can.

2. Combat may be changing rather a lot in the next update. Solo hunting level 3+ mobs seems like it will get a bit more deadly than it currently is. Something to keep in mind.

3 Likes